Post your favorite AIO character!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bradness
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Bradness »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's very hard to choose! There are a lot of amazing characters. I love Jason. :inlove: I think Bernard might have to be my favourite, because I love his Bible stories and dry sense of humour. :lol:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Of course Mr. Whittaker will forever be at the top (particularly the Hal Smith Whit). <3 As for other characters...

Jack Allen -- I LOVE the character of Jack, I like his quiet gentle nature.
Connie Kendall -- because why wouldn't you love Connie? Plus, she is kinda the opposite of my personality which I like and find intriguing.
Eugene Meltsner -- he didn't used to be on my list of favorites.. though not for any particular reason. Now I really enjoy him and love his character development.
Bernard Walton -- I like that he always acts annoyed and cranky, but actually really cares about people. And his stories are the best.
Tom Riley -- I like him for his laid back ways and words of wisdom. He also has a great sense of humor.
Bryan Dern -- He adds diversity and realism.. and is hilarious.

Others...
The Rathbone family
Joanne Allen
June Kendall
Jared DeWhite
(young) Barclay family
Robyn Jacobs
Liz Horton
(original) Katrina Shanks
(young) Monty Whittaker-Dowd
Penny Wise
Rusty Gordon
Edwin Blackgaard
Lester

...and of course, I know there are many others. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Jason - I envy his charisma and sympathize his loneliness.
Marvin - First and current crush.
Jack Allen - The elderly, male version of who I aspire to be.
Connie - The role model every girl needs.
Leon Wankel - Because reasons.
Bernard Walton - The sarcasm and cynicism, the heart.
Mandy Strasburg - Amazingly talented sweetheart.
Liz Horton - Is a riot, has her insecurities though.
Joanne Allen - A maternal character with a desire for adventure.

John Avery Whittaker - Basically my grandfather.
Last edited by GJ on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Monty Whittaker!
Resident JRPG nut
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Monty_Whittaker wrote:Monty Whittaker!
Wow, who would have guessed? :p
Just joking actually, Monty is indeed also a favourite of mine. I would like to see him return in the future...
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

Eugene Meltsner is my absolute favorite of all time!

In order from that-
Bryan Dern
Jack Allen
Katrina!!
Buck Oliver
JAAAAAY
Bernard Walton
Dr. Hawthorne (voiced by the great IAN WHITCOMB!)
Anyone voiced by Parley Baer (Mr. Burglemeister!)
Olivia Parker
John Whittaker (before Andre took over)
Yo
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Mariogeek wrote: Bryan Dern
John Whittaker (before Andre took over)
Ah...Mr. Dern. An actual riot, hilarious actually. :lol:

Paul Herlinger's Whit was my favourite as well. :)
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

- Whit.. of course. Just hearing him is very comforting.
- Jared, I enjoy many of the episodes he is in. He's so over the top. I love it.
- Bernard, I wanna grow up to be Bernard. He's just too cool for school. I always like listening to the episodes when he tells Bible stories. I also love his relationship with Eugene.
- Jason, because Jason. =p
- Jack and Joanne.. seriously miss them.

There are many others, but I'll just mention those.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kaida wrote: - Bernard, I wanna grow up to be Bernard. He's just too cool for school. I always like listening to the episodes when he tells Bible stories. I also love his relationship with Eugene.
- Jason, because Jason. =p
- Jack and Joanne.. seriously miss them.

There are many others, but I'll just mention those.
Yes! About Bernard, you said it best Kaida.
I know, right? Jason is the best :D .
:boohoo: May we never forget Jack and Joanne...

I have several other more minor characters as well, Ben Shepherd, who was the sweetest father in the show...
Kelly Washington, a girl who wasn't just angry or rebellious. She had interests that fell behind her curtain, things that brought her comfort and that she relied on.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Although it very hard to choose some of my many favorites are:
Jason - Because he is funny and an agent.
Bernard - His dry sense of humor.
Wooton - Because of how relatable and funny he is.
Jay - Because he tries to be bad but he is really good.
Connie - Whats not to like?
Aubrey - Because she is a lot like me and her spiritual journey.
Like I said before I like most of them! They are all great characters.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kathy0 wrote:Although it very hard to choose some of my many favorites are:
Mmhm. I find most of the show's characters are well rounded individuals with differing interests. Which is beautiful. And Jason, yes, an absolute goofball sometimes. Though I imagine he's sadder on the inside. :(
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

GJFH wrote:
Kathy0 wrote:Although it very hard to choose some of my many favorites are:
Mmhm. I find most of the show's characters are well rounded individuals with differing interests. Which is beautiful. And Jason, yes, an absolute goofball sometimes. Though I imagine he's sadder on the inside. :(
I guess he would be. He has had a really hard life with Jerry dying and the whole deal with Tasha. Poor soul. :( :noway: He needs a match. Not Connie though. Thats just...No.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

5. Bernard: His sense of humor was always fresh and a great contrast to the cast, especially with someone who knew how to write him. Lovable, smart, just someone you liked to be around.

4. Eugene: Such a stereotype, great character arc, charming relationship with Katrina

3. Emily Jones: Strong, emotional heart yet brainy and logical. Domineering but willing to listen.

2. Connie: Just so real. You could meet her on the street and not know difference, that's how well she's written.

1. Liz Horton: My favorite from the beginning. Assertive, ambitious, tough but also sensitive, alwways funny. And her relationship with Mandy is perhaps my favorite aio friendship.

Minor Characters:

Mrs. Kramer

Mrs. Mayes

Ollie and Genevieve

P.J.

Honorable Mention:

Penny Wise and Wooton Bassett

Mandy Straussburg

Jay Smouse

Lucy Endless Last Name

Edwin Blackgaard

Jessie Morrales
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Pound Foolish wrote:5. Bernard: His sense of humor was always fresh and a great contrast to the cast, especially with someone who knew how to write him. Lovable, smart, just someone you liked to be around.

2. Connie: Just so real. You could meet her on the street and not know difference, that's how well she's written.
I completely agree with you on Bernard, it was easy to see he cared for people, though up against his reputation lay a struggle. The best window washer in town, a devotion to the job and plain old common sense. :yes: :yes: :yes:

And for Connie...you said it best. In that though, she demonstrates the need we all have to feel special. Which she completely is, close as a sister to me.

Why do you not like Jason?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Did he say he didn't like Jason?

I don't care for Jason myself. I go through phases of liking him and finding him completely annoying. I think he comes across as a bit arrogant and smug. It's like he knows he is charming and plays it up, and I find that unattractive. He also doesn't always sound genuine to me.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

snubs wrote:Did he say he didn't like Jason?

I don't care for Jason myself. I go through phases of liking him and finding him completely annoying. I think he comes across as a bit arrogant and smug. It's like he knows he is charming and plays it up, and I find that unattractive. He also doesn't always sound genuine to me.
No, he didn't, sorry. I probably should have added a smiley to that sentence, as it was never intended to sound rude or as if I were judging him. And it did look that way. :oops:

I do understand not everyone likes Jason, sometimes he does act rude. I'm really sorry for making the assumption Pound Foolish doesn't. :anxious:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

GJFH wrote:
snubs wrote:Did he say he didn't like Jason?
No, he didn't, sorry. I probably should have added a smiley to that sentence, as it was never intended to sound rude or as if I were judging him. And it did look that way. :oops:

I do understand not everyone likes Jason, sometimes he does act rude. I'm really sorry for making the assumption Pound Foolish doesn't. :anxious:
I didn't mean to imply you were being rude or anything with my questioning. :p So you're fine! Haha.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Boswell.

But honestly though, for a character who had no actual spoken words, they managed to pull off the role of "infuriating cat" remarkably well.
he/him | a little stinker.
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

OK yeah Jason I could see how you wouldn't like him, but I like him most of the time. Other times I just kind of have the 'meh' complex about him.
OK Jason/Connie? I know some people are like REALLY WAY into that- I could embrace it if it happened. I'm good either way, but Connie/Jeff? Nooooooo.....
I don't hate Jeff, but I find his character hard to like after almost three years of him being a missionary pilot. Now I view him as another Mitch, the never-ending love saga that goes on and on and on. But it hasn't happened. Which is infuriating. What I guess I'm trying to say is that if the writers were going to do something with him and Connie, they should have done it right away, because the longer the wait the less I like Jeff.
If they were going to do something with Jason and Connie, Connie has to age like another 20 years before she can get together with Jason, or Jason gets pulled backwards into Connie's time warp and loses 20 years off his age. :shock: probably not gonna happen.
Other than that rant, I never really enjoyed any of the kid characters on the show aside from Buck Oliver, Mandy Straussburg, Olivia Parker, Jimmy Barclay, Jay Smouse, and Matthew Parker. I usually find the others to be really annoying, perhaps because I am still around that age?? I never listen to an episode to hear Matthew or Mandy, so you could technically strike those two as well. Mandy is great, she just isn't my favorite. Earlier Olivia episodes weren't great for me either. Kids like Camilla with their questions about what is this or that drive me nuts because I have siblings and I don't like to hear other people's siblings acting the same way on the show. Maybe that's just me IDK.

Wow when I start talking I never stop do I?
Yo