Favorite Jack and Joanne Memories

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Favorite Jack and Joanne Memories

Post by Bren »

With the passing of Janet Waldo, we have lost another legend of the business. What are some of your favorite memories of Jack and Joanne?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am so sorry to hear that Janet Waldo has passed. I loved her as Joanne.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I just couldn't believe it when I saw the article on Katie Leigh's Facebook page this morning. And yet, it somehow seems fitting to me that both Janet and Alan should pass within less than a month of each other. It was hard to imagine Joanne without Jack.

My all-time favorite Jack and Joanne episode is "The Painting". I love their relationship with each other, their friendship with Jason and with Connie, and their efforts to uncover the truth about the titular piece of art. Their role in the Plan B arc of the Novacom saga is another favorite of mine, as is Joanne's part in "A New Era" and her connection to Eugene's mom.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I was so sad to hear the news as well. Especially hearing it shortly after Alan Young's passing. =[ Joanne is one of my top most loved characters, and her and Jack are my favorite Odyssey couple.
Ingress Neverwhere wrote:My all-time favorite Jack and Joanne episode is "The Painting". I love their relationship with each other, their friendship with Jason and with Connie, and their efforts to uncover the truth about the titular piece of art. Their role in the Plan B arc of the Novacom saga is another favorite of mine, as is Joanne's part in "A New Era" and her connection to Eugene's mom.
Same here (to all of what you said)! Their relationship with each other is the reason I love them so much. Their chemistry was spot on and genuine.

I've always loved Joanne in the episode she first appears, "The Decision," and also "For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll."
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was also sorry to see that Janet Waldo died, but like Ingress, I did think that the timing seemed almost fitting, and she lived a long life.

It's hard to pick a favourite episode, but I agree with snubs that "For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll" stands out!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I agree that it seems right that they go togethor. My favorite Joanne memories include the pact with her and young agnus riley. I also liked when she and Jack Met. And when Jack proposed and she said you have to ask my father first,
I have so many favorite Jack memories, but my top ones would be the diologue between Jack and Regis in final conflict, JAck and reuguene in the time has come, jack and connie question about tasha, jack and whit clara and the triangle.
If it's not obvious, Jack Alan was my hero :boohoo:
Bradness
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Bradness »

Janet Waldo was a great actor, as well as Jack Allen. I miss them both! Too bad that they have passed away.

Double post fixed. -snubs
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Even now, I reaaaaally wish Jack and Joanne were in the Labyrinth. It would have made the episodes soooo much better. Just picture that last scene with Jason and Jack and all their history together. *siiiighs*
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

The official AIO podcast just released their tribute podcast to Alan and Janet.
Listen here and be sure to have some tissues handy. :sniff:
Last edited by snubs on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |