Adventures In Odyssey 3D - video game

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Ferder
Pilgrim

Adventures In Odyssey 3D - video game

Post by Ferder »

Feeling nostalgic the other day and remembered that FOTF came out with a puzzle CD rom called "Adventures in Odyssey 3D". I never played it so I was curious what it was like but I can't find any screenshots or Youtube videos for it online.

Did anyone on here play it? What were the graphics like? I especially curious why was it called 3D? (to get technical, was it pre-rendered 3D like Super Nintendo Donkey Kong or polygon 3D like Mario 64).

For anyone who still has it, could you make it work on your computer and post some vidoes or screenshots? I simply must see for my own eyes how disappointing this game was!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I have this game! I've played it a couple times on my Windows XP. It's an okay game. Better than the animated videos.

I have wanted to do a video of me playing the game through. If I can get it to work on my Windows 8, I will do so.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

That would be great, Peachy Keen! And if you can't get the video playthrough to work could you at least post screenshots?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The wiki has a moderate amount of info about it. http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/3-D_CD-ROM
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:The wiki has a moderate amount of info about it. http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/3-D_CD-ROM
Oh, yeah. I remember that! There was a Biblical trivia game and a dishwasher scene and such. It was actually really just a collection of mini-games with a storyline... Sort of.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I don't really care what the game-play was, I'm curious what the game looked like and why they called it 3D.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I found my CD and installed it on my computer. Surprisingly, it worked perfectly! I didn't need to adjust anything to get it to work. It actually works better than it did on my XP.

I'll post some screenshots and a video when I get the chance to do it.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

@Peachy Keen: Oooooh, cool. This should be interesting. :lol: I've never seen the game-play either.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Thanks to Ferder and snubs for helping me finally start recording the game. It took me a long time, but I managed to capture the game in several ways.

You can watch me play the first part of the game .

If you want to watch me play while listening to my commentary, you can do that, too.

If you want to just see more screenshots, including the game manual, you can see them in this photo album: https://goo.gl/photos/xdkiAnMQfMyA5jp76

I'll be recording the rest of the game later, but I know you all wanted to see how it looked. I hope you enjoy it! I do recommend getting the game for yourself, if you can. It's a pretty fun game.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

This was so cool! Thank you so much for doing this. It was pretty neat to "walk" around in Whit's End. During that Harlow game, I suspected you were taking screenshots. I'd be doing that too, haha. They made the characters look pretty funny. I'm wondering if hard is really hard.
I have one question....

...What was in the basement?

I look forward to seeing more of the game. Thanks again!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

That cow game was really strange. o___0 xD

I remember having the demo version of the game, where all it was was Connie's minigame. I enjoyed it. =p
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Thanks, Peachy Keen. You're a hero! I look forward to watching your play-through.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks for uploading, Peachy! You should definitely add some of this stuff (like the screenshots) to the AIOwiki page. As Kaida said, I like that you kinda walk around Whit's End. HOWEVER, it doesn't make much sense if the front door is way over there near the stairs, because in the show they make it like the door is right across from the front counter, in the parlor. =p And I also want to know how difficult "hard" is.

Yeah, that was pretty laughable and ridiculous in the Strata-Flyer game. xD WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD WHIT BE TRAPPING KIDS IN NETS.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Kaida wrote: I have one question....

...What was in the basement?
You visit the basement in the last part of the game.
snubs wrote: WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD WHIT BE TRAPPING KIDS IN NETS.
I know, right? That is even more outrageous than most of the things that happened in the videos!

I'm thinking of doing a live stream of me playing the next part of the game on YouTube. I think that will be easier and much more fun. You guys could watch me play it live and chat with me during it and maybe suggest some of the "choices" I make. Would anyone like to see that?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Sure, I would, if I'm around. I like hearing your commentary. =p
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Peachey Keen wrote:
snubs wrote: WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD WHIT BE TRAPPING KIDS IN NETS.
I know, right? That is even more outrageous than most of the things that happened in the videos!
To be fair, you were helping the police, but WHY DID THE POLICE ASK WHIT TO TRAP KIDS IN NETS?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I have the game. Haven't played it in a while. I think the ice cream thing was my favorite.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I dunno, it was really only sorta 3D because while the "3D" was happening there wasn't much going on.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had this game waaaaayyyyy back in the day! It was cool at the time. :noway: The cow-tipping was hilarious and odd. I think at the time I had trouble figuring some of the games out, and I don't know if we ever finished it.

Thanks for coming back to bring back fun memories, Ferder! You should come by more often! :yes:

Peachey Keen, thanks for the trip down memory lane! :lol: Fun stuff.