A Case for Modern AIO

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
A Case for Modern AIO

Post by Peachey Keen »

I recently had an article I wrote published on the Odyssey Scoop website called A Case for Modern AIO. In it, I go through the different arguments used against the new AIO episodes and say if I agree with them or not.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

http://www.odysseyscoop.com/articles/article41.htm
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like your point that sometimes we compare the best of the old episodes to the worst of the new ones. I will continue to love my classic favourites over newer episodes, but there have been some very good newer episodes, and they might eventually be somebody else's (or even my!) new-classic favourite. You just never know!
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

I enjoyed it! You brought up most of the key objections that pop up a lot and answered them pretty well. Especially the point that there's always more people to meet in Odyssey. (I would add the show has a been around thirty flipping years. What kind of lazy show would still have the same cast? How could they even if they wanted?) I appreciated the point at the end that a lot of people who say they don't like the new episodes haven't even heard many new ones.

I and my fellow Soda Shoppers-sometimes ToOites will probably respond most positively to this article, my impression is a lot of ToOites really like the old episodes above anything done since.

I'm also kind of surprised your Emily and Penny hating self wrote this, you've been a pretty harsh critic of generation three. Why the change of heart? I mean I'm delighted by it, welcome to the team, bu can you say how long you've had this opinion? For how many albums?

Optimistic, much needed article. Thanks.