Jones and Parker Mysteries

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Jones and Parker Mysteries

Post by Bren »

Since the relaunch we have had a Jones and Parker mystery in quite a few of the albums. It almost seems like a requirement for an album to have one of those episodes. I'm kinda curious what everyone thinks of them. For those with kids in the target age range, do they like the mysteries? What about us older listeners? Do you cringe at the thought of a new J&P episode?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Some of them have been better than others. As an older listener, in general they are not my favourite ones and I don't love them, but most of them are decent to listen to once.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I cringe at the thought, namely because of the corny pumping-up they usually employ and because these guys ain't DJ Sobol, but the younger audience is prolly good.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Personally, I'd rather be hit by a very slow bus than listen to a Jones and Parker mysteries episode. However, I'm an old fart and my Odyssey listening has been spotty at best since album 53. I asked my sister, who's in the show's target age-range and she told me point blank: "I hate Emily Jones."

So basically, don't ask my family about Jones/Parker mysteries.
he/him | a little stinker.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

To be honest Emily is a cringe-worthy, immature, self-righteous, controlling type that usually only results from the psychological circumstances of being the youngest person in your family. It's just, disgusting. And for me, she actually drags down Buck's likeability because so much of his personality relies on her cringeworthy infatuation with him, like some kind of Junior Johnson-Miss Winston-type thing!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.