AIO Project

I'm looking for your input on an AIO comic book.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mariogeek
Tallying up

AIO Project

Post by Mariogeek »

Hey guys! Some of you know I like to draw, and do art stuff. I've been learning from artist Stephen Silver, who insists that I need to learn to draw humans. So- I'm going to kill many birds with one stone and do a scene from Adventures In Odyssey in motion comic form!
The scene I picked is from the Green Ring Conspiracy part 1, where Wally and Derk Begs meet for the first time at the Junkyard. This is where you guys come in- I have no idea what Wally or Derk look like! If you have a description, or a celebrity or a picture of someone that you think they look like, even remotely similar, put it down in the comments and I'll use it in the character development.

Why this scene from Odyssey? It's fresh ground. I want to be a character designer for a living, but I don't really have a good handle on humans. Derk and Wally have endless possibilities, unlike the main characters. We know what they look like (although I suppose I could renovate the recently renovated artwork, and I probably will eventually.)

What is a motion comic? Well, it's tough to define because it's not catching on in popularity real well. It's basically a comic book that has voices, effects, and music, and plays in a video so that the panels are transitioned for you. I'm doing this because I want to keep the original clip from the GRC, and because I have done several animation projects and to make them look good they take a very, very, very long time. Thus the comic. Expedient, efficient, and looks good.

So, that's the gist of it. I'll keep you guys updated on the development. Storyboarding is already done, and so I'm working on beginning the character design. It usually takes 4 weeks for me to design a character and I have absolutely no idea how long it will take to draw the entire scene from the episode, though my guess is three months. So, we'll see!
Yo
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Wow, dear Mariogeek.

What a venture! \:D/ Hopefully all will go well with your project, it sounds intriguing, and know I'll be happy to see the result. Your art is wonderful.

Blessings!
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I can't help with the character appearance part (though I will keep it in mind and post if I come up with something) but I wanted to say that this sounds like a cool project! I'm very curious to see what the finished product will look like. :D
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

LOL not quite what I want for Wally but this is why I love character design.

-- Thu May 11, 2017 4:18 pm --

OK so I have an approved version by my bud Luke.
So now I have to figure out a rough turnaround, which is difficult, and then figure out his body, which isn't as hard.
Yo