Starting over

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Calhoun07
Not as new

Starting over

Post by Calhoun07 »

This week I've decided to listen to the entire series again. Starting with Family Portraits episode one, I plan on going through each episode in chronological order (where possible...I know a few are very hard to find and hopefully I can find the missing episodes before they come around on my playlist.)

The early 1988 episodes are sure dated, with predictable plot points, but not surprising since it was basically a pilot run for the series that evolved from those early seeds. It is awfully fun to revisit.

The hardest part about this is resisting jumping ahead and listening to favorite episodes first and letting them play all in order.

I am not sure how long this will take...I listen to them during my work commute in my car. I've put the files on a flash drive but mixed in NPR shows and other podcasts in between to give me a variety.

When is the last time you listened to the entire series like this?

Anyway, it got me nostalgic for Hal Smith and I found this on You Tube today.

I don't know if this has been shared here before, but even if it has, it's always worth a second look:

https://youtu.be/LmkmdKDKLOo
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

This is the only way I listen to the series anymore. Like you I listen on my commute. I have every episode and start with the original Focus Dramas that came before Family Portraits, listening all the way to whatever was last released. The process takes about 8 months.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

This is pretty much the only way I've ever listened, getting more complete as I added to my collection. This is my second time through with all of the episodes, including the lost and dusty episodes. I also listen on my commute, but since it's only an 8 minute commute, it takes about two or three years for me. This is also why the AIOclub irritates me because I can't just pop the CD into my car, I only pay for it one month out of the year (since I already own the rest of the episodes), and at points the chronology gets messy, like Wooton and Penny on their honeymoon, but not.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.