Odyssey Coronavirus Headcanons

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
MonkeyDude
Processing

Odyssey Coronavirus Headcanons

Post by MonkeyDude »

I was just kinda chilling today and then started wondering how the Odyssey characters would react to a pandemic like this. So here's just some of the things I think might happen. Feel free to add some or correct them!

Connie (and/or Jason) gets super paranoid that Whit will catch it and takes literally every precaution.

Whit remains very calm but shuts down the shop for the time being.

Parker family is stretched thin with Eva's job as a nurse.

Bart Rathbone takes advantage of the panic and starts raising prices and advertising like crazy.

Jared DeWhite laughs at the rest of the world safely from his fully stocked, concrete walled, underground bunker, locking everyone else out and swearing they should have listened to him while they still had the chance. Then going crazy from lack of social interaction and letting them in anyways.

Jay Smouse hoards germ-X and other cleaning supplies, reselling it for favors and loads of cash, while saving more than enough for himself.

Alex Jefferson and his laptop go MIA, not leaving the house for weeks after the threat has been dissolved because his corn allergy makes him more susceptible to fatal symptoms.

On his way to get groceries(much to Connie's exasperation), Whit stops to help a homeless man who is passed out on the side of the road. Whit tests positive a week or two later.

Morrie starts creepily asking everyone "Surely all the time together with your family made you feel closer? It had to at least feel GOOD to get a break from all that school, right?", proceeding to stalk away with a satisfied smug.
Last edited by MonkeyDude on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I never knew I needed this until now. This is all I'm going to think about today. Absolute gold! :lol:
MonkeyDude wrote:Morrie starts creepily asking everyone "Surely all the time together with your family made you feel closer? It had to at least feel GOOD to get a break from all that school, right?", proceeding to stalk away with a satisfied smug.
I legitimately laughed for a solid thirty seconds with this headcanon.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

MonkeyDude wrote: Connie (and/or Jason) gets super paranoid that Whit will catch it and takes literally every precaution.
Soooo true!
MonkeyDude wrote: Jared DeWhite laughs at the rest of the world safely from his fully stocked, concrete walled, underground bunker, locking everyone else out and swearing they should have listened to him while they still had the chance. Then going crazy from lack of social interaction and letting them in anyways.
This one had me rolling haha!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kaida wrote:
MonkeyDude wrote: Connie (and/or Jason) gets super paranoid that Whit will catch it and takes literally every precaution.
Soooo true!
Yes, I totally see them taking turns trying to find excuses to keep him inside and safe, knowing that they're fighting a losing battle because Whit will always help others over himself.

You missed Eugene quoting stats and facts to everyone and not understanding why they won't just listen to reason, until he's worried that Katrina may be ill and has a Eugene-style freak-out. After that he still quotes the facts but has more compassion for the stress that others are experiencing.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Monica Stone wrote:I never knew I needed this until now. This is all I'm going to think about today. Absolute gold! :lol:
SAME.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Hey, thanks guys!
Catspaw wrote:You missed Eugene quoting stats and facts to everyone and not understanding why they won't just listen to reason, until he's worried that Katrina may be ill and has a Eugene-style freak-out. After that he still quotes the facts but has more compassion for the stress that others are experiencing.
Oh dude, that's so spot on!! I love that haha!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Bernard complains that this would never have happened in the first place if people had just bothered to wash their hands and stop touching the things he just cleaned. Then he makes a small fortune selling at-home Sanitation Stations.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Petrichor wrote:Bernard complains that this would never have happened in the first place if people had just bothered to wash their hands and stop touching the things he just cleaned. Then he makes a small fortune selling at-home Sanitation Stations.
Yessss. Bahaha xD I can hear it now!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Bart Rathbone is the best one XD
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote:Bernard complains that this would never have happened in the first place if people had just bothered to wash their hands and stop touching the things he just cleaned. Then he makes a small fortune selling at-home Sanitation Stations.
Love it! I can so hear Bernard complaining that even a pandemic isn't enough to stop people from touching all the things he just barely finished cleaning!
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Oh, that's a great one! I'm pretty sure I can actually hear him saying that!