Four Weeks of the OAC for Free!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Four Weeks of the OAC for Free!

Post by Petrichor »

The Adventures in Odyssey Facebook page announced that they are offering a four-week trial of the OAC!

I think this is a really nice gesture, and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to catch up on some of the recent albums I've missed.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This is a nice idea! I should pass the info on to a few people who would enjoy it.
Jay_Smouse
Not as new

Post by Jay_Smouse »

Smart move on the AIO Club's part, people will probably want to stay in the club a couple months longer so they can hear
The Rydell Revelations, Parts 1, 2, and 3
and the rest of Album 69:
Best Kept Secrets
!
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Nice, That's a great idea for everyone who has to hole up at home during this time.
Last edited by A2Z on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay_Smouse
Not as new

Post by Jay_Smouse »

A2Z wrote:Nice, That's a great idea for everyone who was to hole up at home during this time.
Yes, that's how Focus on the Family advertised it on Twitter. Also, have you (A2Z or anyone else) seen the best characters "tournament" on the Club?
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

No, what is it? I don't have OAC so I'm not very knowledgeable in that area of knowledge... \:D/
Jay_Smouse
Not as new

Post by Jay_Smouse »

A2Z wrote:No, what is it? I don't have OAC so I'm not very knowledgeable in that area of knowledge... \:D/
Oh, sorry! From your posts I assumed you were in the AIOC (It's called the Adventures in Odyssey Club now, they had a name change). They just posted in the member-exclusive blog a bracket where you could see which character you liked best, and are going through it by picking random marbles out of a bag. For example, if they pick an orange marble then Jason beats Eugene. And each character has a different number of marbles that go into the bag, based on how popular the AIO team thinks that character is. For example, Eugene had more marbles than Jason (but Jason still won). I was also surprised at how many pre-2010 characters there were. Mandy Straussberg, Jimmy Barclay, Regis Blackgaard, Tom Riley, Bernard Walton, George Barclay, Mary Barclay, and maybe a few more. There were also lots of new characters like Morrie Rydell, Jay Smouse, Valerie Swanson, Olivia Parker, Emily Jones, Matthew Parker, and I think Penny Bassett.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just signed up; thanks for the notice Petrichor!
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Jay_Smouse wrote:
A2Z wrote:No, what is it? I don't have OAC so I'm not very knowledgeable in that area of knowledge... \:D/
Oh, sorry! From your posts I assumed you were in the AIOC (It's called the Adventures in Odyssey Club now, they had a name change). They just posted in the member-exclusive blog a bracket where you could see which character you liked best, and are going through it by picking random marbles out of a bag. For example, if they pick an orange marble then Jason beats Eugene. And each character has a different number of marbles that go into the bag, based on how popular the AIO team thinks that character is. For example, Eugene had more marbles than Jason (but Jason still won). I was also surprised at how many pre-2010 characters there were. Mandy Straussberg, Jimmy Barclay, Regis Blackgaard, Tom Riley, Bernard Walton, George Barclay, Mary Barclay, and maybe a few more. There were also lots of new characters like Morrie Rydell, Jay Smouse, Valerie Swanson, Olivia Parker, Emily Jones, Matthew Parker, and I think Penny Bassett.
That's fine. No Worries! :)
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

bookworm wrote:I just signed up; thanks for the notice Petrichor!
I'm glad you're able to use it! I just signed up myself. I think the last album I listened to was Album 62, which apparently came out four years ago. I suddenly feel really old and really sad that I haven't listened for so long. :( Oh well! More to catch up on now!

For people who have the club: do you listen to the "Adventure" club-exclusive albums? When my family had a club subscription a few years ago, I could never get into them, and I was wondering if they really add anything to listening to the regular albums.
Also, do they have Radio Theatre episodes anymore? :? I remember being able to listen to at least 1 story/month before, but now the only thing I see is Last Chance Detectives.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Petrichor wrote: Also, do they have Radio Theatre episodes anymore? :? I remember being able to listen to at least 1 story/month before, but now the only thing I see is Last Chance Detectives.
They have Radio Theatre dramas on the Club for a limited time. I think they had A Christmas Carol or Traveling Home for Christmas on there back in December.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Peachey Keen wrote:They have Radio Theatre dramas on the Club for a limited time. I think they had A Christmas Carol or Traveling Home for Christmas on there back in December.
Yeah, I knew they never had everything on there at one time, but I thought they would rotate what was available and share a new one each month. I absolutely love Radio Theatre, and I believe we used to own almost everything they had produced, but sadly, most of those were on cassette tapes. I was hoping for the chance to revisit some favorites, but I guess not. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote: For people who have the club: do you listen to the "Adventure" club-exclusive albums? When my family had a club subscription a few years ago, I could never get into them, and I was wondering if they really add anything to listening to the regular albums.
I have always meant to listen to the club-exclusive episodes because I feel like I'm missing out when I don't hear everything, but I have yet to get around to listening to a single one. :anxious: I have the Club and still buy the CD albums to listen to new regular episodes partly because I own every album, so I want to keep up my collection, partly because I lend stuff out to friends, but also because I commute almost an hour to work each day, so I like to do my listening time in my car. I can't do that with online content that I can't download, and unless I'm missing something, I can't do that with Club stuff.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Catspaw wrote:I have always meant to listen to the club-exclusive episodes because I feel like I'm missing out when I don't hear everything, but I have yet to get around to listening to a single one. :anxious: I have the Club and still buy the CD albums to listen to new regular episodes partly because I own every album, so I want to keep up my collection, partly because I lend stuff out to friends, but also because I commute almost an hour to work each day, so I like to do my listening time in my car. I can't do that with online content that I can't download, and unless I'm missing something, I can't do that with Club stuff.
Haha, okay, that makes me feel a little better! I may try listening to them, but they never really seemed like they connected to the main plot in the other albums, so it never seemed super important.

Yeah, I poked around on the app a little bit and it looks like you can only download episodes from the regular albums, which seems a bit odd. :/ Unless I am also missing something.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Peachey Keen wrote:
Petrichor wrote: Also, do they have Radio Theatre episodes anymore? :? I remember being able to listen to at least 1 story/month before, but now the only thing I see is Last Chance Detectives.
They have Radio Theatre dramas on the Club for a limited time. I think they had A Christmas Carol or Traveling Home for Christmas on there back in December.
do they have the chronicles of narnia? i used to listen to them yeeeaaars ago and we have them on CD...but all the way in ghana, so if they're on there i'd def check it out just purely for nostalgia's sake \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

Petrichor wrote:
bookworm wrote:I just signed up; thanks for the notice Petrichor!
For people who have the club: do you listen to the "Adventure" club-exclusive albums? When my family had a club subscription a few years ago, I could never get into them, and I was wondering if they really add anything to listening to the regular albums.
Necessary AIOClub episodes? Only one. Charlotte from Season 5. Absolutely should have been on an album. Whit's past galore!

Most of them are pretty forgettable save for a select few. My personal list of favorite (but not necessary) episodes that I've actually listened to 3+ times
Pinocchio, parts 1 and 2 (season 2 - do you like Jay? Then you will like this.)
One More Name, parts 1, 2, and 3 (season 4- Holocaust drama. Very cool.)
Swept Away, parts 1 and 2 (Season 4- Whit, Connie, Wooton, Penny, Eugene! Very exciting episode imo)
Out to Sea (Season 5- this episode is not necessary but is a fun Whit-Wooton-Eugene episode)
Unsinkable, Parts 1 and 2 (Season 7- The sinking of the Titanic! This one gets A+ marks for great sound design.)
Yo
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Marvin D. wrote: do they have the chronicles of narnia? i used to listen to them yeeeaaars ago and we have them on CD...but all the way in ghana, so if they're on there i'd def check it out just purely for nostalgia's sake \:D/
I couldn't find them on there, either. :(
Mariogeek wrote: Necessary AIOClub episodes? Only one. Charlotte from Season 5. Absolutely should have been on an album. Whit's past galore!

Most of them are pretty forgettable save for a select few. My personal list of favorite (but not necessary) episodes that I've actually listened to 3+ times
Pinocchio, parts 1 and 2 (season 2 - do you like Jay? Then you will like this.)
One More Name, parts 1, 2, and 3 (season 4- Holocaust drama. Very cool.)
Swept Away, parts 1 and 2 (Season 4- Whit, Connie, Wooton, Penny, Eugene! Very exciting episode imo)
Out to Sea (Season 5- this episode is not necessary but is a fun Whit-Wooton-Eugene episode)
Unsinkable, Parts 1 and 2 (Season 7- The sinking of the Titanic! This one gets A+ marks for great sound design.)
Thanks for the recommendations! I love me some Whit backstory, so I'll definitely try to listen to "Charlotte." \:D/
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

OK, I just signed up for the free trial...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! I hope you enjoy it, A2Z. :D It is nice to have every episode so easily at one's fingertips. :yes: I have all the CD's, but it sure is a lot easier to pick an episode this way or just to browse through.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Does anyone know if there's some kind of listening history feature or a way to see the last episode you listened to? :-k