Actor connections

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Calhoun07
Not as new

Actor connections

Post by Calhoun07 »

We all know Hal Smith played Whit in the early incarnation of the show. We also all know that Dave Madden played Bernard Walton.

But did you also realize that Hal Smith was a voice actor in the 1970s cartoon series "Partridge Family 2200 A.D."?

Dave Madden did not reprise his role as Reuben in the animated series, however.

But it was interesting that Hal/Whit had a connection to the show that made Dave/Bernard famous in the first place!

Any other actor/character connections you can think of between AIO and other work by the actors?

Also, another fun fact: Dave Madden played Reuben for 96 episodes. He was on AIO for 97 episodes. Yet most everybody will always remember him more for Reuben on the Partridge Family.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't have anything on topic to say, I'm just hear to marvel at the animated Partridge Family 2200 AD. :lol:

Kind of like Gilligan's Island had TWO animated followups to the original show, with 6 out of 7 cast members doing voice work (like the made for TV movies they did later).
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't have anything on topic to say, I'm just hear to marvel at the animated Partridge Family 2200 AD. :lol:

Kind of like Gilligan's Island had TWO animated followups to the original show, with 6 out of 7 cast members doing voice work (like the made for TV movies they did later).
Gilligan's Planet was so bad it's good. And I really enjoyed the made for TV movie Rescue from Gilligan's Island. Fun fact: It was intended to actually be a pilot of a new proposed series where Gilligan and the gang ran a resort on the island. Kind of like a Love Boat/Fantasy Island type show with different celeb guest stars each episode and their stories in the resort and with Gilligan and the gang. Oh, what TV history missed!

At least the Gilligan's cartoons are on DVD, as well as the TV movies. Last time I checked TPF 2200AD is not on DVD at all. Very disappointing.