Looking for a better "Family Portraits" picture

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Looking for a better "Family Portraits" picture

Post by Bob »

For my work on OACS themes, I like to try to get the general 'look' of the original album covers. Usually the sources on AIOWiki are good enough, and in the cases they're not, searching other sites can fill the gap, but in the case of Family Portraits, that seems to be a no-go. The biggest one I could find, on AIOWiki, is pretty teeny.

What I want in particular is a good-quality picture that includes a detailed look of the blue curtain 'behind' the picture frame. Hi-res would be nice, but so long as you can clearly make out the shape and colors, that'd suffice for my purposes.

The original album is rare enough that I don't know if anyone active on the SodaTown has a copy, but if you do, or know someone who does, I'd really appreciate your help!
Last edited by Bob on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Wow, I had no idea this was so rare. This was literally the only other picture I could find on the internet.
Would it be possible to get in contact with someone like Paul McCusker or Phil Lollar and see if they have a copy? Maybe someone who worked on it held onto an album as a memento and would be willing to scan it for you.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I believe that's my scan of Family Portraits! I don't currently have access to the album, but I will see if I can get my parents to track it down and at least take a high-res photo for you of the curtains, if that works?
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

It's amazing to hear from you!

About the resolution, I don't mean to knock it or anything. It works for most purposes and I'm sure it was the best that could be done at the time; technology's changed very fast over the last few years. It's just not good for figuring out what those little probably-grain things are. ;)

If y'all could do that, that'd be fantastic; I'd really appreciate it.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Oh no, no knock at all. It was scanned 15 years ago, and I imagine I thought it was high resolution at the time! ;) I remember it being a super process, because the plastic cover protecting the case is all warped, making it impossible to get a pristine scan. But I think the photo might work for you. I'll let you know what I can find!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

You might check with OdysseyFan. I think he has a couple of the FP albums that he might be able to scan for you.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

From a chatter ("aaaa") who came online and asked me to post this because he or she was having difficulty making an account (it wasn't Rosie, although she sometimes goes by "aaaa") https://i.ibb.co/JH6zr8f/IMG-6456.jpg
Last edited by Connie G. on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Wow, those are very nice! I think that should more than suffice for my purposes; thanks to aaaa for acquiring them!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Connie G. wrote:From a chatter ("aaaa") who came online and asked me to post this because he or she was having difficulty making an account (it wasn't Rosie, although she sometimes goes by "aaaa")
So mysterious. aaaa, if you want a ToO account, I'm sure one of us on the chat could help with whatever problems you're having.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."