AIO and Catch phrases

what catch phrases would you like to see....er hear

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

AIO and Catch phrases

Post by gimp80995 »

OK, a lot of the characters have their own special "catch phrase"..........and no doubt many of us do as well..........what are some catch phrases you would like to hear on AIO regularly?

A few of mine are

Cool Beans

Peace Out (you had to have known that was commin)

It's all good.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

What can Brown do for you? :lol:
:^o
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Toodles! (or has that been used in an ep? :-s )

Wurd up? :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I don't think Toodles has been used

Wurd up would also be good to hear

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

gimp80995 wrote:I don't think Toodles has been used
Yes it has. Doris Rathbone used it. I believe it was in the ep where Edwin came back to town.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:I don't think Toodles has been used
Yes it has. Doris Rathbone used it. I believe it was in the ep where Edwin came back to town.
Ooh, yes. I believe you are correct. Still, "Toodles!" could be used more often . . .

Other exclamations I'd like to here more often:

Sweet!

Dude, my man!

[name] is in the HOWSE! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

One reason that might explain why AIO doesn't use a bunch of phrases like these is that it dates the episodes. Some phrases are cool for a little while, and then die, leaving future generations rolling in the aisles at the stupidity of their elders. By avoiding some current lingo, AIO retains more of a timeless quality.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Trent DeWhite wrote: Other exclamations I'd like to here more often:

Dude, my man!
I would settle for "Dude".

Peace Out

-Gimp

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well explained, Catspaw. I don't know about everyone else, but I personally wouldn't expect AIO to use any of these suggested catch phrases. :D Although it'd be cool (and perhaps even amusing) to hear them used, it would make AIO seem less drama-like.

:: nod ::
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:One reason that might explain why AIO doesn't use a bunch of phrases like these is that it dates the episodes. Some phrases are cool for a little while, and then die, leaving future generations rolling in the aisles at the stupidity of their elders. By avoiding some current lingo, AIO retains more of a timeless quality.
Another example is music that's in style. The music Monty played in A Member of the Family is downright odd, but was probably popular in 1987.

-Jonathan
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

And Curt always saying things were "radical".........I haven't heard it much in recent years, but I remember when "radical" was common place for kids to say.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

gimp80995 wrote:And Curt always saying things were "radical".........I haven't heard it much in recent years, but I remember when "radical" was common place for kids to say.

Peace Out

-Gimp
That's true. :yes: People used to say "rad" a lot when I was young.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Dosen't Jasmine in The Case of the Disappearing Hortons say rad? I'm not sure if she did or just said something else somewhat like that.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

She used some various phrases from the 60's and 70's right?
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I think popular lingo is also regional.......I've lived in some places where nearly no one said "that's awesome" or "this is awesome"........then traveld to another region (same country) and nearly everyone said it........same with terms like "Peace Out", "For real", "word up", etc.

The same goes for styles of clothing..........what's popular say in Washington State may not be so in Wisconsion, and what's popular in Wisconsion might not be all that popular in Tennessee......

Peace Out

-Gimp

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've heard people claim that "awesome" is more of a Midwestern phenomenon but I don't know how accurate that is.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I've heard "awesome" most frequently used in the midwest.........a few other places, but not as frequently.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I hear "coolness" a lot around here.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:I've heard people claim that "awesome" is more of a Midwestern phenomenon but I don't know how accurate that is.
I'm one person that makes it so. My friends get a kick not only how often I say it, but appearently how I say it (I'm in the Midwest for those who don't know).

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

That infamous mid-western accent? :lol: That's not nearly as noticeable as the New England shrill or the Southern drawl.