Album #44 Title Revealed

And cover art too!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Jonathan wrote:They shall all come out at the same time. For info, go to www.aiosf.com Shadowpaw goes over the whole thing very clearly.
Actually they won't all be coming out at the same time. Album 44A comes out in July, 44B in September, and the full set in October. I imagine this will tick off a lot of fans :(.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Not sure if this has been touched on yet or not, but for those who are thinking that Eugene's return is possibly limited to 3 episodes, I find it curious that (Intriguing Question, Surprising Answer, & Extraordinary Conclusion) are all 3 on the 44A album, yet Eugene isn't pictured on that one, but is pictured on 44B. So, is that a hint that Eugene will be around for a while more? Again, if this has already been discussed I apologize, but I hadn't seen discussion on it yet.

-jolly
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I really don't think Focus would go to all of the effort of creating a website, puting out all of those clues and all of the other stuff that is coming out this summer if Eugene was only coming back for three episodes. If he is only going to be around for three episodes then FOTF has wasted a lot of expense and time to advertise it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote:I really don't think Focus would go to all of the effort of creating a website, puting out all of those clues and all of the other stuff that is coming out this summer if Eugene was only coming back for three episodes. If he is only going to be around for three episodes then FOTF has wasted a lot of expense and time to advertise it.
I concur. I'm kinda surprised actually at all the skeptics; he's back.

-Jonathan
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Laurie wrote:I really don't think Focus would go to all of the effort of creating a website, puting out all of those clues and all of the other stuff that is coming out this summer if Eugene was only coming back for three episodes. If he is only going to be around for three episodes then FOTF has wasted a lot of expense and time to advertise it.
Agreed. Though I don't think the website stuff involved a lot of expense and / or time. That is one of the most economical ways of stirring up interest.

-jolly
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Jonathan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I'm still not sure if I like the idea of A and B albums. I can see how it could be beneficial for people who just want a few episodes, but I always buy all the sets, and it will seem like I'll have to wait longer now. It will be hard to know that episodes that I want to hear are out, but that I shouldn't buy them. I would rather collect the full sets still, because it's more economical, and I would rather just have the one case instead of two, but it will be hard to wait!
Ok, this has been cleared up already. In addition to the A and B sets, there will be a third set with all 12 episodes in it. They shall all come out at the same time. For info, go to www.aiosf.com Shadowpaw goes over the whole thing very clearly.

-Jonathan
I'm wondering what the value is going to be in the A/B scheme. For those who just can't wait for the full album, I can see a value. I'm not convinced that this is being done to help people on tight budgets not have to pony up 20-25 dollars all at once for the 4 disc set. I'm wondering if FOTF and or Tyndale are planning to include extras on the A/B albums (like additional mp3 material or some of the whitsend.org exclusive audio) to encourage people to spend the extra few dollars. Any news out there about any of that?

-jolly
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think it would be great if they did include some or all of the web exclusive audio on the albums. I know I would love to have it. They are putting extra audio on the Gold Series albums, why not include it on #44?
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

what is it with the a and b thing this time? are they that desperat for money?
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I think thats a very cool art cover.when dose that set come out?what shows will be in the set?
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Do you mean A or B? For the answers scroll up to the top till you get to Shadowpaw's post. I think they are the answers that you are looking for.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I am rather mad at them for doing the A/B thing.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:

-Jonathan
Not only that but the fans would be furious. [-(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Bmuntz wrote:I am rather mad at them for doing the A/B thing.
That does not matter to me. I am just going to wait and buy the album with all 12 episodes. That makes more sense for my collection anyway.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

-Jonathan
Not only that but the fans would be furious. [-(
That was kinda my point; Focus is smarter than that.

-Jonathan
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Focus is so smart that they figured out a way to get more money--release "double" all the new episodes. True, AIO albums need some spicing up, but splitting them isn't a very good idea, IMO.

Hey, does anyone "in-the-know" know what kind of cover album 44 (all) we be in? I guess that A and B will be in 2-CD "jewel" cases, but will the 4-CD set be in a normal season set case or more like RT case? Though 4-CD cases look good on my shelf, it would be nice to see a different size packaging for AIO CDs.

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:That was kinda my point; Focus is smarter than that.

-Jonathan
I know that's what you think. I'm just fleshing it out a bit for everyone else reading this... especially those skeptics. :-$
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I'm just gonna wait like all the other normal people and get the 12 pack when it comes out :)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Looks like the cover of a cerial box. Blasted new art. -_-;
I don't like it either.. =;
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I hate it too. I guess it has to appeal to kids. After all AIO is a kids show.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

For all of you who are complaining about the cover art... which are DO you like? :-k