AIO age group?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Screech wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:
Chandler wrote:I use all the "old people" on this message board as an excuse. :lol:
Define "old" :-k

Peace Out

-Gimp
Like you!

Just kidding.... :-

Watch it little man.........it'll happen to you someday too.

*takes a minute to think about how old she will be when Screech is her age*

*finds the thought to be very scary*

*runs and hides*

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

i heard that the writers wanted it to be an adventure for all ages
Me
An original

Post by Me »

When the show was first concieved, it was supposed to be a show that was for kids, but appealed to all ages, everyone in the family. Since then, however, things seem to have changed.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Me wrote:When the show was first concieved, it was supposed to be a show that was for kids, but appealed to all ages, everyone in the family. Since then, however, things seem to have changed.
I think they wrote Family Portaits to cover a broader spectrum then later decided to trim down the age range. :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

popcornqu33n wrote:i heard that the writers wanted it to be an adventure for all ages
Like Me said, the show was originally started, it was a 'kids' show. However, Phil Lollar and Steve Harris made it a point to make it so anyone could listen to it with no problem. For years and years, this formula worked. Then in 1999, for reasons unknown, the AIO team decided the show was too serious and made it so it would appeal only to kids. The next disaster of a season proved them wrong, that this was a bad idea. Since then the show has failed to re-capture the timelessness, and has had trouble making it appeal to everyone. Nevertheless, the show is still good, despite my being well out of the 'target age range'.

-Jonathan
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Amen to what Shadowpaw said....

On a side note, about 6 months ago my boyfriend (ex) and I were getting into his car in a parking lot when he noticed that this little old lady in the car next to us was listening to AIO on the radio. She must have been about 63. Well, I had been with my ex for about a year before he finally found out that I listened to AIO...I guess I was kinda embarrassed cuz it's a "kids" show and when he found out he thought it was really cute, but had never even heard of it before. So when he recognizes Whit's voice on the show, he goes running over to her car all excited and pointing at me, yelling "Hey! She listens to that too! Adventures in Odyssey, right! She loves that! That is like her favorite show!!"

I think he scared her, because she kinda stared at him and smiled at me and then rolled up her window when he walked back to the car. It was so funny.......I'm not sure why I am sharing this with you.....oh yeah--old ladies listen to it too.

And before any of you young wise guys make any cracks, I was referring to the elderly lady in the car, not myself. :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:lol: That's hilarious! :lol:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

That's great. There was a guy in my chemistry class last year. I noticed that he would occasionally quote lines from Eugene. I noticed this and immediately became suspicious. The next time he did it, I responded in kind. About a month later, we were having entire conversations in quotes. Despite this, it took me the entire first semester to work up the courage to ask him if he actually listened to AIO. He did. It was rather hilarious that we would talk in quotes all the time, but didn't actually talk about the show for a long time.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Me wrote:That's great. There was a guy in my chemistry class last year. I noticed that he would occasionally quote lines from Eugene. I noticed this and immediately became suspicious. The next time he did it, I responded in kind. About a month later, we were having entire conversations in quotes. Despite this, it took me the entire first semester to work up the courage to ask him if he actually listened to AIO. He did. It was rather hilarious that we would talk in quotes all the time, but didn't actually talk about the show for a long time.
How could you wait that long to ask when it was so obvious? :-k
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Hey--some people could just really talk like Eugene! You never know!!!!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

jessicado wrote:Hey--some people could just really talk like Eugene! You never know!!!!
Me wrote:That's great. There was a guy in my chemistry class last year. I noticed that he would occasionally quote lines from Eugene. I noticed this and immediately became suspicious. The next time he did it, I responded in kind. About a month later, we were having entire conversations in quotes. Despite this, it took me the entire first semester to work up the courage to ask him if he actually listened to AIO. He did. It was rather hilarious that we would talk in quotes all the time, but didn't actually talk about the show for a long time.
It sounds like he was saying they were directly quoting. :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Besides, Eugene and his talk are one of a kind. Even learned people don't talk quite like he does.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I could see why it would be hard to ask. Once you get older, it can get a bit harder to talk about a "kids" show with a stranger when you don't know if they're going to think that it's the dumbest thing you could do. Also, the longer they waited, the more reluctant they both probably were to ask. You know how it is when to talk to somebody, but don't know their name? After a while, you can feel kind of dumb asking what their name is. Besides, it was probably obvious to both of them that they both listened to AIO - they just had trouble verbalizing it.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Perhaps we should psychoanalyze them to find out what took them so long? ;)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Chandler wrote:
jessicado wrote:Hey--some people could just really talk like Eugene! You never know!!!!
It sounds like he was saying they were directly quoting. :-k
Yes, we were directly quoting, and other people near us would be so confused. I don't know why I didn't ask sooner. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm not very outgoing.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Me wrote:Yes, we were directly quoting, and other people near us would be so confused. I don't know why I didn't ask sooner. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm not very outgoing.
I can understand that. :-#