EugeneReturns.com - thoughts?

Now that we've got bloopers, previews, trivia, news on Eugene Sings (?)... was the hype worth it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

First thought upon seeing EugeneReturns.com...

Talk about icing on the cake! Wallpapers, buddy icons... Eugene OWNS this summer.
50%
Why didn't anyone see this months ago when Focus must've registered it?
8%
The bloopers = hilarious. More to come, right??
29%
I'm confused. "44a"? "Eugene Sings"? Where is AIO going?
8%
A little lame. Not sure I care THAT much about Eugene... it's not like NOVACOM or something.
4%

Total votes: 24

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Screech wrote:Great site!

I got 20/25 #-o
I got 22/25. 8-[ Unfortunately, I don't have all of the Eugene eps on tape, so I haven't heard all of them enough to know everything well enough.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

I can't open it! I got 21/25 but I can't play the bloopers!
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Cowgirl: I've uploaded an mp3 version of the bloopers to one of my online accounts. I'll send you the link via PM. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

A bit of overkill, but I'll take it in exchange for a long 2nd run of Will Ryan with Adventures in Odyssey. Whatever they need to peddle (Eugene Sings, Eugene shirts, Eugene Pez dispensers, etc) to fund his return, is fine by me.

-jolly
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

> Eugene shirts

That isn't actually a T-shirt for sale... it's a free iron-on transfer. 8)

With Shadowpaw's Gold Audio announcement today (9, 10, 11 in October?!), it looks like there will be a lot of AIO stuff this fall. But then, what is Christmas for? : )

-shasta
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

shasta wrote:It looks like there will be a lot of AIO stuff this fall. But then, what is Christmas for?
Do you really want me to answer that?
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

About EugeneReturns.com--I really enjoyed browsing through it. It had lots of fun things to do and listen to (I especially liked the outtakes) and actually made me a bit more excited about the new AIO episodes. But to me it really feels like a one-off site--a site that won't ever be updated again. I hope that's not the case.

IMHO, I feel there was too much hype over the return of Eugene. When Whit came back (or when there was a search for him), the episode just showed up like a normal episode. That's what made it exciting for people listening to it on the original airing--they got a really good episode when they were expecting a average episode. But with the three-parter about the return of Eugene, the episode was really elevated and so listeners expected very highly of it. If there had been less hype, less dissapointment would be felt.

Or maybe it's vise versa. Whatever. It's just good to have Eugene back.

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:I found that whole video annoying. I watched it once, and that was enough.

-Jonathan
Silly and unrealistic. Who has ever seen train track in mines that looks suspiciously like a roller coaster? :lol: I thought the part about the crush on Eugene was a bit funny... for the absurdity of the situation. My favorite line from the movie was something about how friendly the people in town were when Eugene saw the lady waving from the bank window trying to indicate that something was wrong.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

The is funny becasue she was waving because the bank was getting robbed.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

That's what I mean... she had her hands up because of the holdup and when she saw Eugene and Dylan she was trying to let them know something was wrong. Eugene misinterpreted it as thinking she was just being really friendly. Probably because she had a goofy grin on her face. :p
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

When seeing "Go West, Young Man" a few years ago, I really enjoyed it. It had humor (some big lady getting a crush on Eugene--that's funny!), adventure (I really liked the "rollercoaster" at the end), and was well-written, from what I can remember. There are certainly worse AIO videos than that one, IMO.

Hey, did anyone notice this is off-topic again? Na, I'm sure nobody did...

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm still waiting for someone to come and tell me which answers will give you a 25/25 on the quiz. :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to come and tell me which answers will give you a 25/25 on the quiz. :-k
The correct ones. :)

All you have to do is press back in your browser and fiddle with the ones you think you got wrong. The one I got wrong was the video series one, but at this time I can't remember which one ended up being the correct answer.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think I got about a 20/25..
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Sorry, it might be due to Englishness, but I didn't understand any poll options enough to vote, except ones which where not what I thought when I did see it. 8-[
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

the picture that is the worst is this one: Image
is that supposed to be an imatation of elvis?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I wish they would tell you which questions you missed. At least if they did you could look up the answers and correct your mistakes. It's very fustrating not knowing which ones you got wrong.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Dave wrote:When seeing "Go West, Young Man" a few years ago, I really enjoyed it. It had humor (some big lady getting a crush on Eugene--that's funny!), adventure (I really liked the "rollercoaster" at the end), and was well-written, from what I can remember. There are certainly worse AIO videos than that one, IMO.

Hey, did anyone notice this is off-topic again? Na, I'm sure nobody did...

Dave
Another thing I disliked was Whit's voice. It wasn't done by Paul or Hal and just sounded wrong.

-Jonathan
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Wow, Eugene sings? That should be...interesting, but TOTALLY COOL!!!!!! Ha ha, just eugene and his eukalele. I wonder if Benard will buy one. :D
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to come and tell me which answers will give you a 25/25 on the quiz. :-k
The correct ones. :)

All you have to do is press back in your browser and fiddle with the ones you think you got wrong. The one I got wrong was the video series one, but at this time I can't remember which one ended up being the correct answer.
The almighty Shadowpaw missed one?! :o
I was hoping to take the easy way out and just have someone tell me. But if you insist... Image