Actors playing opposing characters

How many actors play opposing characters?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Actors playing opposing characters

Post by JesusFreak777 »

How many actors have played opposing characters? who are the actors and the characters they have played?
Walker Edmiston (sp) is one. he has Tom Riley and Bart Rathbone.

Who else?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

One might consider Earl Boen as an actor playing opposing characters. Ronald Edwin Blackgaard and Regis Blackgaard don't see eye-to-eye . . . and they certainly don't possess the same qualities as the other.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

As much as I hate to bring it up, Steve Burns, playing Robert Mitchell and Rodney Rathbone.

-Jonathan
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Ronald Edwin Blackgaard?
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Ronald Edwin Blackgaard?
What about it? He prefers to go by Edwin. :)

Did Connie talk to Peter Holt?
I can't verify this but I think Chris may have talked to herself in a wraparound. 8-[
Townsend Coleman has talked with himself I believe. As Jason and another guy in the Novacom saga.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Ronald Edwin Blackgaard?
What about it? He prefers to go by Edwin. :)
Chandler beat me to the punch. Ronald would be Edwin's first name . . . of course, no one refers to him by that name. Except maybe for his mommy. :lol:
Chandler wrote:Did Connie talk to Peter Holt?
Which episode would that be in? I noticed she sometimes played Peter Holt, but not all the time. The only episode I can remember her playing Peter Holt was in "Have You No Selpurks?" But I don't think Connie and Peter were ever in the same scene.
Chandler wrote:I can't verify this but I think Chris may have talked to herself in a wraparound. 8-[ Townsend Coleman has talked with himself I believe. As Jason and another guy in the Novacom saga.
I don't remember any of those. :-s
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Chandler wrote:
Did Connie talk to Peter Holt?

Which episode would that be in? I noticed she sometimes played Peter Holt, but not all the time. The only episode I can remember her playing Peter Holt was in "Have You No Selpurks?" But I don't think Connie and Peter were ever in the same scene.
didn't she talk to him in "A" is for attitude? or is that a different character?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

In "A Is For Attitude," Connie did talk to Peter Holt. However, I think a different actor voiced Peter in that particular episode.

. . . but I could be wrong. :-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jason talked to the cable guy in The Black Veil, and they were both played by Townsend Coleman. I can't remember the guy's name.

I guess Katrina Shanks and Doris Rathbone could be considered opposing characters. They aren't direct rivals, but they certainly are very different, and Pamela Hayden did both those voices. They never talk to each other, thatI can remember, though.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Actually, they were never in the same episode.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I never said that they were in the same episode. I interpreted "opposing characters" to mean characters played by the same actor who are very different, not "opposing" like facing off against each other. Maybe that was a wrong interpretation. 8-[
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

actually I did mean facing off so to speak...but it could be taken both ways...there are just more actors/characters that would apply in that sense.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:Did Connie talk to Peter Holt?
He's also in "An Act of Mercy" and "Isaac the Courageous."
Trent DeWhite wrote:In "A Is For Attitude," Connie did talk to Peter Holt. However, I think a different actor voiced Peter in that particular episode.

Definitely a different actor... but I don't think it's even supposed to be the same person. Early AIO had a lot of name repeats... there are so many duplicate names... Freddy, Billy, Jimmy... there's even more than one Donna, Rodney, and Eugene. :o
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:Definitely a different actor... but I don't think it's even supposed to be the same person. Early AIO had a lot of name repeats... there are so many duplicate names... Freddy, Billy, Jimmy... there's even more than one Donna, Rodney, and Eugene. :o
Are we talking different voice actors for the aforementioned characters . . . or different character altogether? :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

To my knowledge (with help from aiohq) there is only one Donna. Unless I missed something. We do indeed have two Eugenes: Eugene Meltsner, and Eugene (Mugsy) Mumford from VBS Blues. We also have two Rodneys: Rodney (no last name) from Thank You, God and Rodney Rathbone.

We have 8 Fred's, 18 Bills/Billy/Billie, and 7 Jim/Jimmys. In the case of these names, they haven't happened in just the early years, but over the course of all 18 years.

As for the Holt's, we have a Robb Holt in ep 23, The Quality of Mercy, and a Peter Holt in the remake of that episode, An Act of Mercy. Both boys played the same role. There is not Holt in Isaac the Courageous.

-Jonathan
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:In "A Is For Attitude," Connie did talk to Peter Holt. However, I think a different actor voiced Peter in that particular episode.

She spoke with Peter Dillon in that episode.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:To my knowledge (with help from aiohq) there is only one Donna. Unless I missed something. We do indeed have two Eugenes: Eugene Meltsner, and Eugene (Mugsy) Mumford from VBS Blues. We also have two Rodneys: Rodney (no last name) from Thank You, God and Rodney Rathbone.
You don't hear her but Connie's friend mentioned a "Donna" in stormy weather. There's also another Dale mentioned in that show (and that's later the name used for Liz's father).
Jonathan wrote:We have 8 Fred's, 18 Bills/Billy/Billie, and 7 Jim/Jimmys. In the case of these names, they haven't happened in just the early years, but over the course of all 18 years.
Early on they were more commonly used.
Jonathan wrote:As for the Holt's, we have a Robb Holt in ep 23, The Quality of Mercy, and a Peter Holt in the remake of that episode, An Act of Mercy. Both boys played the same role. There is not Holt in Isaac the Courageous.
Maybe I named the wrong show then. :-s I thought it was Peter Holt on that show where Isaac nearly joined the Bones of Rath and then someone fell through the ice and Isaac had to rescue him... :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, it was definitely a Peter who fell through the ice in "Isaac the Courageous.". I can still hear Lucy's hoarse cry, "Peter! Get off the ice!" I guess it must've been Peter Dillon. :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

To clear things up for everyone...

Peter Holt (Katie Leigh) appeared in:

115: An Act of Mercy
127: Have You No Selpurcs

Peter Dillon (Frank Moody) appeared in:

108: Isaac the Courageous
110: A...is for Attitude

To keep on topic, there was a brief moment in "Break a Leg" where the doctor was speaking with Walter Shakespeare, both of which were played by Corey Burton.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I don't know who plays Mitch, but in "Broken Window" Rodney brings Mitch to the stand as a witness, and the actor who plays Mitch also plays Rodney.