A Call to Arms

We must unite in action against the AIO art designs!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

TO WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Down with the current artwork!
55%
No! I love the artwork!
7%
Maybe.
10%
No, this is silly.
17%
Yes! I just want a war, I don't care what it's about!
10%

Total votes: 29

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

just stop trying to make it 3dish make it 2dish people
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:Just some thoughts. Keep in mind, I still hold the show in very high regard, and probably always will. I also hold in high regard the men and women who work on it. I just fear it's losing some of it's timelessness.
I understand what you're saying... I've just never bothered myself too much over the artwork although Laurie is correct about Connie's awful pose in "Out of Control." That makes me sick. Image
I fear the loss of timelessness too but I center my attention on the shows themselves. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork but I guess I've never seen them produce anything that I really loved (except for album 18) so I don't see it as terribly lost. Though I guess the old stuff (2-9?) at least looked a little more realistic even though the style isn't my favorite.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Me wrote:I must concur with Jonathan. The artwork almost seems like an attempt to appeal only to little kids. I would even go so far as to say 4 year olds. In trying to be "cool," the show is losing part of its greatness.
Indeed. It's losing the timeless quality.

Think of it like this. And old man is pretty cool with a big ol' moustache and thick grey hair on his head. But when old people try to get hip and give themselves spikey buzzcuts and shave thier moustaches, they just look silly. :-$

Therefore, it it's not baroque, don't fix it.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

:-$ shhh EB these people do not know about classic music eras
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Classical.

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Therefore, it it's not baroque, don't fix it.
But if it is baroque, by all means fix it! :roll: Or get rid of it completely. ;-)

Jeremy
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Just some thoughts. Keep in mind, I still hold the show in very high regard, and probably always will. I also hold in high regard the men and women who work on it. I just fear it's losing some of it's timelessness.
I understand what you're saying... I've just never bothered myself too much over the artwork although Laurie is correct about Connie's awful pose in "Out of Control." That makes me sick. Image
I fear the loss of timelessness too but I center my attention on the shows themselves. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork but I guess I've never seen them produce anything that I really loved (except for album 18) so I don't see it as terribly lost. Though I guess the old stuff (2-9?) at least looked a little more realistic even though the style isn't my favorite.
In my post I also talked a little about recent eps. In the last two years or so, the show has failed to make a deep impression with all ages like it did for most of the 90's.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:
In my post I also talked a little about recent eps. In the last two years or so, the show has failed to make a deep impression with all ages like it did for most of the 90's.

-Jonathan
In total agreement with you Jonathan. There are still some good shows but others are just... lacking... I was pleasantly surprised with "No Way Out" however. When I sat down a listened to the album I realized I liked a lot of the shows, even "Called On In Class" which I wasn't sure about when it first aired.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eugene Kendall wrote::-$ shhh EB these people do not know about classic music eras
To which people do you refer? I understood the joke.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Ok, EB said "If it's not baroque, don't fix it". Baroque sounds like broke, which is how the saying usually goes. Baroque is also a music era, which is what EK was talking about. He's also under the impression few here are aware of that.

-Jonathan
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

:demonstration: :twat: :protest: :evil: :bullwhip: That pretty much sums it up. Totally should try a petition or something.....

That and--how can you people like 44? I mean, it is better that the later ones, by Eugene looks like he is 5!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jessicado wrote:That and--how can you people like 44? I mean, it is better that the later ones, by Eugene looks like he is 5!
I think the general feel (and this is how I see it too) is that while the awfuul style is still here, it is better then the last 3 or 4 preceding it.

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Guy's don't be so critical.............FOTF could do a lot worse for the artwork.........they could hire ME to do it (trust me, that's a scary thought). :D

I also like the older artwork (80's / 90's) better than more recent artwork..........how we fixt the problem?

We get someone who can draw really well submit AIO-related drawings to FOTF.......then several people suggest to them that they need to look into finding new people for the art work..........then FOTF contacts the person who submitted ther artwork, and AIO art work is saved.

Sorry, I've been in bed sick for most of the past 26 hrs.........so my brain is getting a little hyper.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Perhaps we should call for a "design the Odyssey characters" contest... :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Top Crusader wrote:Perhaps we should call for a "design the Odyssey characters" contest... :-k
Interesting idea. Someone else's designs might be alot better than what we are getting now.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

*cough*Felicity Blackgaard*cough*

Call me Sergeant Pepper.