NO WAY!

I find it all too funny

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

NO WAY!

Post by gimp80995 »

I was at work last night, and had finished up my work, but had 7 more hours before the end of my shift..........so I picked a book up.

I saw one that really caught my eye "The autobiography of George Mullar" (you know, the director of the orphanage in England in "When in Doubt Pray")......anyway, that caught my eye, so I picked it up and began browsing through it.

Then outta curriousity I looked to see who the publisher is.

You ready for this?

Whitaker House (perhaps I should contact them to inform them that they misspelled "WhitTaker") And they are located roughly near the PA / OH boarder (where most of us believe the real town of Odyssey would be..........if it existed.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

woah strange do you think the AIO writers reached the same conclusion?
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Thats cool but I little strange.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

That's uncanny! Wow.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Wow! That's weird... :D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

That's hilarious.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Whit renamed his company from Universal Press to Whittaker House. :)
The reason why is that Whit ran out of money to keep his company going to he had to move the printing presses to his house in order to keep publishing those books that he puts in the Whit's End library! But don't tell anyone else or Whit might be terribly embarrassed. :-$
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Chandler wrote:Whit renamed his company from Universal Press to Whittaker House. :)
The reason why is that Whit ran out of money to keep his company going to he had to move the printing presses to his house in order to keep publishing those books that he puts in the Whit's End library! But don't tell anyone else or Whit might be terribly embarrassed. :-$
The secret is safe with me. But why would Whit mispell his own name?

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

To throw us off track? ;) His writing is so bad the form made it look like there were 1 t. :shame: The expensive graphic designer made Whit's logo with 1 t and Whit couldn't afford to pay him to change it? :o
Last edited by Chandler on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Actually you mean 1 t, right? His last name is supposed to have 2 t's. ;-)

Jeremy
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jeremy wrote:Actually you mean 1 t, right? His last name is supposed to have 2 t's. ;-)

Jeremy
](*,) Of course.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

That's kinda cool. *sighs while dreaming that Odyssey is actually a real place*
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Hey guys, our theory just fell apart.

Whit evidently didn't turn UPF into WH because the book was copyrighted in 1984 (a few years before AIO even began)...........and we know that Whit still had UPF after 1984.

Maybe he already had Whitaker House in case something happened to UPF........or *smirks* Whitaker House is ran by Jason when he's not on government business...........like father, like son :D .

So that also answers the "who coppied who" question.........1984 was before even family portraits, therefore the book definately came first.

now that I've spent a little bit of time on topic...............I would definately recommend the book for any of you to read......it's pretty cool. It's like taken from George Muller's personal journal. I'm enjoying it pretty well.

back on topic...................it's definately strange / cool that the book title has a character from AIO, is published by Whitaker (do you have any idea how hard it is to spell "Whittaker" with only one t?) House, Whitaker House is located simi-near where the real-life town of Odyssey would be.........if it were real life............all too weird / strange/ cool for coincidences.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Haha I like the Jason theory. :lol: Jason's secretly cutting into Whit's business. :o
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

yeah, so do I \:D/
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

www.whitakerhouse.com

Kinda cool, they show (some) of the various books and have a verse of the day and all that..........maybe we could persuade them to do something AIO related ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

gimp80995 wrote:Hey guys, our theory just fell apart.

Whit evidently didn't turn UPF into WH because the book was copyrighted in 1984 (a few years before AIO even began)...........
So it says on the box... I wouldn't dismiss this "coincidence" yet though. You must remember the significance of the year 1984. That was the year that the communists took over America and brainwashed everyone. It's debatable as to whether we are still even now being brainwashed, or if we have been freed from subjection and have just forgotten much of that horrible time. Either way, that publishing date could have severe implications for the veracity of the reality of Odyssey. Perhaps Odyssey truly exists, and is being kept secret by Steve Jobs... (President of Apple, the company that supposedly defeated the communists.)

Odyssey shall rise again!
Not dead yet.
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

Post by The Scribbler »

David O wrote:I wouldn't dismiss this "coincidence" yet though.
We here at the Tattler don't beleive in coincidence. We beleive in conspiracies.