Harlow's Back!!!!

New episode proclaimed to include everybody's favorite detective: Harlow!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Harlows Back, how do you feel?

Yay!
79%
Rats.
21%

Total votes: 24

HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Harlow's Back!!!!

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Yes! After the long wait from Sunset Bowlawater, Harlow Doyle P.I. will be doing another episode. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's been waiting for this, post your feelings here! More Details http://www.whitsend.org/eugenereturns/eugenenews1.html
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, considering Harlow rox your sox, I'm not surprised if his return will rock your boots as well. :) I, for one, am glad he has returned. For some reason, I never even noticed his absence. After the creation of Wooton Bassett, Harlow has never really entered my mind. Although they are two completely different characters, they seem to share several characteristics. I wouldn't be suprised if AIO had originally modeled Wooton after Harlow, and then modified the former's character with time.
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hooray! \:D/ I like Harlow! I know that he's the kind of character that can be overused, but I like it when he makes an appearance. Maybe he'll get to be the one who "finds" Eugene! It seems like the kind of thing that Harlow would do. He would realize that Eugene had been gone for a while, then see him through the window at the grocery store, and the tell everybody at Whit's End (who know that Eugene has been back for a while) about his exciting news. That would be funny if Will Ryan got to "find" himself!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Catspaw wrote:Hooray! \:D/ I like Harlow! I know that he's the kind of character that can be overused, but I like it when he makes an appearance. Maybe he'll get to be the one who "finds" Eugene! It seems like the kind of thing that Harlow would do. He would realize that Eugene had been gone for a while, then see him through the window at the grocery store, and the tell everybody at Whit's End (who know that Eugene has been back for a while) about his exciting news. That would be funny if Will Ryan got to "find" himself!
Yeah, that would be funny. :D
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Great news!! I do so like Harlow Doyle.

Bum bum dada dada waddum chew... \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:Yes! After the long wait from Sunset Bowlawater, Harlow Doyle P.I. will be doing another episode. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's been waiting for this, post your feelings here! More Details http://www.whitsend.org/eugenereturns/eugenenews1.html
I think I've said this before, but Harlow's last ep was 447: Potlucks and Poetry. He actually appeared in four eps after Sunset Bowlawater, two of which are unreleased.

While I didn't see it as a bad thing that's he's been absent for five years (which is only about 120 episodes) I am looking forward to the April 30th show.

-Jonathan
Harlow Doyle
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Harlow Doyle »

I'm back?! But, where have I been? Hmm... looks like this is a job for... Harlow Doyle, Prrrriiiivate eye!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Welcome back Harlow! :)
I'm glad to have him back... especially since Eugene comes with him. ;)
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:Yes! After the long wait from Sunset Bowlawater, Harlow Doyle P.I. will be doing another episode. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's been waiting for this, post your feelings here! More Details http://www.whitsend.org/eugenereturns/eugenenews1.html

HURAAH hURRAH FOR HARLOW WHO ROCKETH MY SOCKS!
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I do not like Harlow, and I am very disappointed to hear that he's coming back. What about Wooton? Will he still be in the show? I don't think Harlow is needed, we have Wooton and others who are funny to bring comedy to the show. Why do we need Harlow?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It really is not that much of a surprise. It makes sense that if Eugene came back then Harlow would come back also. Will Ryan does both voices.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Harlow may not serve a deep, spiritual purpose, but he is fun, especially in smaller doses. I like the way that he was used in The Perfect Witness. He was only in one scene of the whole three-parter, so it wasn't overkill, but he was funny!

Harlow is also nostalgic for some of us. I'm glad that he's going to be back, and I don't think that it will affect Wooton or any of the other characters that have come since his absence. Harlow and Wooton are totally different. They're both funny, but not in the same ways. Wooton is integrated with his fellow Odyssians - Harlow just pops in here and there are causes confusion. But it's fun confusion! (Usually). \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

AIOfan11 wrote:I do not like Harlow, and I am very disappointed to hear that he's coming back. What about Wooton? Will he still be in the show? I don't think Harlow is needed, we have Wooton and others who are funny to bring comedy to the show. Why do we need Harlow?
I like wooten way better than harlow. Harlow is just plain annoying, but Wooten is interesting.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

J-man wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:I do not like Harlow, and I am very disappointed to hear that he's coming back. What about Wooton? Will he still be in the show? I don't think Harlow is needed, we have Wooton and others who are funny to bring comedy to the show. Why do we need Harlow?
I like wooten way better than harlow. Harlow is just plain annoying, but Wooten is interesting.
I agree...Wooten has way more depth. (And is also a Christian...a side that we never heard about from Harlow)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm doing my homework, and decide to just pop in real quick to see a few posts, and what happens? I wind up posting. This place is bad for school

Now that I've got that out of my system, I need to respond.
Frank wrote:
J-man wrote:
I agree...Wooten has way more depth. (And is also a Christian...a side that we never heard about from Harlow)
Frank-We did see Harlow at church in 447, and he was appearently praying in The Boy Who Cried Destructo.

AIOfan11-I can appreciate that you don't like Harlow, yet I am perplexed that you claim we do not need any more comedic characters. Why not? Anything that adds to the show, is good by me (assuming it's done right, of course).

Catspaw responded to you thoughts (and I'm too lazy to go and quote her) and I agree whole-heartedly. I'll admit, there were times where he wasn't properly used (Gone comes to mind), but when he's used in small doses and if he pops in every now and then, he can be funny.

In your post, it seems like you think Wooten was designed to 'replace' Harlow, and be a more rounded character. However, there is not replacing characters, b/c as Catspaw said, they are two different people. It's not out of the realm of possibility to have both characters in the show. Your reasoning, if applied to other character, is ridicolous. I'm sure no one said in the mid-90s "Oh, we have Jack and Jason now, we don't need Whit to come back." The two characters can co-exist.

-Jonathan
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Jonathan wrote:yet I am perplexed that you claim we do not need any more comedic characters.
Did I claim that? Or were you talking to AIOfan11? Harlow doesn't seem to be a comedic Character.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

J-man wrote:
Jonathan wrote:yet I am perplexed that you claim we do not need any more comedic characters.
Did I claim that? Or were you talking to AIOfan11? Harlow doesn't seem to be a comedic Character.
At that part of my post, I was talking to AIOfan11. And if used correctly, Harlow can be funny.

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I like Harlow. I think he's funny, and I'm glad that he's coming back.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

In concurrence with others, I must agree that Harlow is a good character if not overused. He ads much needed comic relief. While he wasn't really missed, it is definitely a plus to have him back.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Jonathan wrote:
Frank wrote:
J-man wrote:
Frank-We did see Harlow at church in 447, and he was appearently praying in The Boy Who Cried Destructo.

AIOfan11-I can appreciate that you don't like Harlow, yet I am perplexed that you claim we do not need any more comedic characters. Why not? Anything that adds to the show, is good by me (assuming it's done right, of course).

-Jonathan
Your right, it is okay to go ahead and have another funny character, but Harlow is not the one. He just seems silly (sorry to anyone who is a die hard fan of him). I know that Wooton is very silly himself but, Harlow is just icky. I don't know how to explain.

Thank you Jonathon for pointing out where I was wrong.