Something weird about the return of Eugene eps

Something is just a little weird............

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Jonathan wrote:Have you noticed you and I seem to argue a lot about Novacom type things?

-Jonathan
Old times. Old times..............
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

A possiblity here (w/o actually reading everyone else's response).

It's possible they did it for the new listeners. I mean when I started listening to AIO, I heard DBD BEFORE "A bite of Applesauce" so as soon as I heard the name "Blackgaard" I already knew he was troubble............and when Connie and Eugene got fired, I knew that eventually somewhere along the way they got rehired......I just didn't know when or by whom (remember I had heard eps AFTER "A bite of Applesauce", so I had heard later eps and knew that they worked there later on). So in a way hearing DBD first kinda ruined "Daring Deeds, Sinnister Scheems" for me.

If they had made reference to Novacom / Andromada, it's possible that a new listener who's hearing Eugene return will already know that they're evil..........and when Eugene disappears, they'll know when and what circumstances he reappears (as it is they'll still kinda know, but possible that they won't completely remember).

As it is, they made enough reference to Novacom / Andromada that someone who listened to the Novacom Saga would catch the references, but a person who hasn't heard it yet wouldn't know what they were talking about and the Novacom Saga wouldn't be "ruined" for them since they won't already know the entire outcome.

Just my thoughts anyway..........now I shall read everyone else's response.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It is also important to consider that in a way, Eugene losing his memory has absolutely nothing to do with Andromeda. Sure, they were what origionally comissioned the research, and forced Eugene to disappear. That, however, has nothing to do with the return of Eugene. When he got word that it was safe to come out of hiding, did he have to return to work on the project? No. He could have come back to Odyssey if he wanted to. Also, it was the government that comissioned the post-Novacom research, not Andromeda or the Chairman. Also, since most people know why he left in the first place, the information given will be enough to spark those old memories of NovaCom, etc. For the fans that had no idea of what went on in the NovaCom saga, they are told all they need to know. There was an evil company, it wanted to do this, therefore, events happened. Enough information has been given. It will be better and more rewarding for the fans who don't know all of the details to piece everything together for themselves either when they hear the NovaCom eps, or when the Chairman re-surfaces. I believe that the information we were presented with was enough, and did not need specifics to be mentioned. For Bernard to have done so on the phone, would, to me at least, have seemed out of character.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

At first I thought that he lost his memory right after he disappeared, but when I listened to it again I realized that he lost it later. I'm suprised that they didn't mention anything about andromeda when he came back.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Me wrote:It is also important to consider that in a way, Eugene losing his memory has absolutely nothing to do with Andromeda. Sure, they were what origionally comissioned the research, and forced Eugene to disappear. That, however, has nothing to do with the return of Eugene. When he got word that it was safe to come out of hiding, did he have to return to work on the project? No. He could have come back to Odyssey if he wanted to. Also, it was the government that comissioned the post-Novacom research, not Andromeda or the Chairman. Also, since most people know why he left in the first place, the information given will be enough to spark those old memories of NovaCom, etc. For the fans that had no idea of what went on in the NovaCom saga, they are told all they need to know. There was an evil company, it wanted to do this, therefore, events happened. Enough information has been given. It will be better and more rewarding for the fans who don't know all of the details to piece everything together for themselves either when they hear the NovaCom eps, or when the Chairman re-surfaces. I believe that the information we were presented with was enough, and did not need specifics to be mentioned. For Bernard to have done so on the phone, would, to me at least, have seemed out of character.
Thank you Me, that's what I've been trying to say. And on top of cheapening the Novacom saga for new listeners, it would've seemed excessive to most of the other fans, seeing as how this had to do with Eugene's memory and not Novacom.

-Jonathan
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I agree with you 100% AIO psyche. it was just too weird to not mention Novacom or Andromeda... or even the fact that Eugene didn't mention the experiments that took away his memory!! you'd think when he began to remember, he would be like "oh yeah and i was working on this experiment and that's when i must have lost my memory"....oh well, i had a problem with basically everything in the three parter, except for the fact that eugene is back.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

poWerbOy wrote:I agree with you 100% AIO psyche. it was just too weird to not mention Novacom or Andromeda... or even the fact that Eugene didn't mention the experiments that took away his memory!! you'd think when he began to remember, he would be like "oh yeah and i was working on this experiment and that's when i must have lost my memory"....oh well, i had a problem with basically everything in the three parter, except for the fact that eugene is back.
Finally! Someone agrees with me! Thank you very much!