Would you like Foster to come back again?

Dr, Foster, the guy from the national health whatever; should he come back?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Would you like Foster to come back again?

Post by AIO Psyche »

I liked him. He was a cool character. Although I think that his is secretly working for Novacom/Andromade/the Chairman.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think it be okay if he came back for another few episodes, but I wouldn't want him to be a semi-regular character. He seems more like a character who enters to serve a purpose, fulfills that purpose, then disappears. Kind of like Agent Borland. We did hear him a bit outside of his Andromeda role, but I would be surprised if we heard from him again. I'm sure that he was never meant to have a regular role on AIO, and Dr. Foster will probably be similar.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I don't think Dr. Foster is crooked. Sure that made for a nice conspiracy theory but nothing happened in the last three shows.
I'm not real keen on Dr. Foster coming back because he's voiced by Matt Hurwitz. There's nothing wrong with the actor but his voice is unique so when I hear it I think of Roy from "Share and Share Alike" and Frank Montrage from the Last Chance Detectives show "The Day Ambrosia Stood Still."
I like Borland's voice better... :-k
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Good point. He needs to be like Richard Maxwell, God rest his soul. He should be mysterious, yet a good guy. And he should only show up when he's needed.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I would not mind if he came back for a few shows. I thought he was a neat character.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Roy's voice was a bit more over-the-top, but I agree with Chandler on the Frank thing.

Just a couple days ago I was flipping through my Complete Guide, and I remember being surprised at something that I read about Matt Hurwtiz in there, but for the life of me I can't remember what is was, ](*,) and my Guide is at home, and I'm at school, so I can't check. On the HQ is just says that he played Mr. Jefferson, so that can't be it - the Guide is older than that! Maybe I got his name confused with somebody else's... :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I personally don't have an sentimental attachments to Foster. Get rid of him, bring him back, it really doesn't matter to me. I highly doubt he'll be a regular character in the future, but I can definitely see the writers bringing him back if and when another technological sci-fi type saga surfaces. But I don't think AIO plans on another one of those for a very, long time. I think they need to return to the more "average day" episodes that encapsulates the daily routines and struggles of people's lives.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

AIO PSYCHE wrote:Good point. He needs to be like Richard Maxwell, God rest his soul. He should be mysterious, yet a good guy. And he should only show up when he's needed.
I totally agree. He should be like Borland, Glossman, etc. A well know character, but one that doesn't show up too often. Unfortunately, this is the type of character that is very easy to overuse.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:Just a couple days ago I was flipping through my Complete Guide, and I remember being surprised at something that I read about Matt Hurwtiz in there, but for the life of me I can't remember what is was, ](*,) and my Guide is at home, and I'm at school, so I can't check. On the HQ is just says that he played Mr. Jefferson, so that can't be it - the Guide is older than that! Maybe I got his name confused with somebody else's... :-k
That's true that he's Mr. Jefferson. :)
What probably surprised you was the fact that Matt Hurwitz played Rodney Rathbone on one episode. "Like Father, Like Son" to be specific. =D>
He did a great job of filling in as Rodney that day... he wasn't a perfect match but he did well at it. When I used to listen to the ep I always thought Rodney sounded a bit strange... so I thought that maybe his actor was sick. :lol: Once I got the Complete Guide I found out the truth. :-$
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Just a couple days ago I was flipping through my Complete Guide, and I remember being surprised at something that I read about Matt Hurwtiz in there, but for the life of me I can't remember what is was, ](*,) and my Guide is at home, and I'm at school, so I can't check. On the HQ is just says that he played Mr. Jefferson, so that can't be it - the Guide is older than that! Maybe I got his name confused with somebody else's... :-k
That's true that he's Mr. Jefferson. :)
What probably surprised you was the fact that Matt Hurwitz played Rodney Rathbone on one episode. "Like Father, Like Son" to be specific. =D>
He did a great job of filling in as Rodney that day... he wasn't a perfect match but he did well at it. When I used to listen to the ep I always thought Rodney sounded a bit strange... so I thought that maybe his actor was sick. :lol: Once I got the Complete Guide I found out the truth. :-$
Ha, I was rather disturbed when I heard Rodney that episode. I was like, huh? :-s What happened to the real Rodney?! :mad:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I went a long time before I even found out that it was Steve Burns. I think I found out b/c someone mentioned it at the TH.

-Jonathan
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Dr. Foster wasn't all that interesting of a character. He served his purpose here, and now it's time for him to go. If we're going to be bringing characters back...why don't we try for some with more depth and feeling?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's it! Thanks, Chandler! You're my new hero! (Well, almost...) :^o
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Chandler wrote:I don't think Dr. Foster is crooked. Sure that made for a nice conspiracy theory but nothing happened in the last three shows.
I'm not real keen on Dr. Foster coming back because he's voiced by Matt Hurwitz. There's nothing wrong with the actor but his voice is unique so when I hear it I think of Roy from "Share and Share Alike" and Frank Montrage from the Last Chance Detectives show "The Day Ambrosia Stood Still."
I like Borland's voice better... :-k
I agree. If he were voiced by a different person, I think it would be a good idea for him to come back. But like Chandler noted, and Shadowpaw also mentioned in his review of the three-parter, the fact that we've heard him so often before (esp. as the villian on "The Day Ambrosia Stood Still"), kinda ruins him for us.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Evil Chick wrote: But like Chandler noted, and Shadowpaw also mentioned in his review of the three-parter, the fact that we've heard him so often before (esp. as the villian on "The Day Ambrosia Stood Still"), kinda ruins him for us.
True, but I just noticed that by part 2, I had completely forgotten about him sounding like Frank.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Frank wrote:Dr. Foster wasn't all that interesting of a character. He served his purpose here, and now it's time for him to go. If we're going to be bringing characters back...why don't we try for some with more depth and feeling?
I agree
Priscilla

<><
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:Dr. Foster wasn't all that interesting of a character. He served his purpose here, and now it's time for him to go. If we're going to be bringing characters back...why don't we try for some with more depth and feeling?
Indeed. :pray: Dr. Foster ... I'd rather not see him back.

I liked what they did with Borland. He seems like Mr. Emotionless FBI agent when you hear him during the Novacom saga but then we get to hear him interact with his family in Washington D. C. It's amazing how you can gain a totally different perspective on people when you know them in a different setting.
Catspaw wrote:That's it! Thanks, Chandler! You're my new hero!
YESSSS!!!!! *jumps up and down pumping fists in the air* I've finally become SOMEONE'S hero! \:D/
Catspaw wrote:(Well, almost...) :^o
:cry: What? *crumples into a dejected heap*

Who beat me out? :anxious:
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I liked him but I don't what to hear from him again to much. Maybe in a role like he was. Helps Whit and then leaves.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I don't want him to come back. He was a character without much depth, and he wasn't very interesting.