Mistakes

Don't you hate them?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Mistakes

Post by Bmuntz »

FOTF or Tyndale and before Tommy Nelson make a lot of mistakes on AIO products. I thought it was cleared up and there wouldn't mistakes any more or least barley any because of there mistakes in the past. But seems as if they don't learn. I got Gold audio On thin Ice it says that there are 14 eps but I only counted 13. Then I learned that Front Page News just wasn't listed on the CD as a ep on it. It's not I big mistake but it is still a mistake and they make a lot of them.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i believe it was called The Triange parts 1 & 2, and it's printed on the cd the correct way, but they play out of order so you hear part two then part one or something, it was wierd, and yeah i also noticed the mistake on On Thin Ice!!! :D It's crazy
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

dancer02248 wrote:i believe it was called The Triange parts 1 & 2, and it's printed on the cd the correct way, but they play out of order so you hear part two then part one or something, it was wierd
While the first releases of "Danger Signals" had parts 1 & 2 of "The Triangle" backwards, the later releases of the album corrected the problem (just so you know) :).
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bmuntz wrote:FOTF or Tyndale and before Tommy Nelson make a lot of mistakes on AIO products. I thought it was cleared up and there wouldn't mistakes any more or least barley any because of there mistakes in the past. But seems as if they don't learn. I got Gold audio On thin Ice it says that there are 14 eps but I only counted 13. Then I learned that Front Page News just wasn't listed on the CD as a ep on it. It's not I big mistake but it is still a mistake and they make a lot of them.
Another error? :shock: I'm always worried about them now when I go to buy new sets.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, I've noticed both of those mistakes, and there are others, too, for instance that they didn't have the episode "The Pact I" on the CD, instead they have the episode "For Trying Out Loud" again. :evil: You'd think they'd check everything twice or three times before duplicating them. :roll:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yes, they are annoying. But they are fun in a way.

Don't forget on Countermoves when every disc was labeled 1.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I have error-ified Countermoves and Battle Lines albums. Yay.
Although errors are annoying, it doesn't affect the content much...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:Yeah, I've noticed both of those mistakes, and there are others, too, for instance that they didn't have the episode "The Pact I" on the CD, instead they have the episode "For Trying Out Loud" again. :evil: You'd think they'd check everything twice or three times before duplicating them. :roll:
I have that album and i'm pretty sure that it isn't like that!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:Yeah, I've noticed both of those mistakes, and there are others, too, for instance that they didn't have the episode "The Pact I" on the CD, instead they have the episode "For Trying Out Loud" again. :evil: You'd think they'd check everything twice or three times before duplicating them. :roll:
Mine has the Pact 1, so that is one that does not have a mistake. My copy of Danger Signals has the mix up with the Triangle. I think that is the only album that I have that has a mistake.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I can't remember which set it was, but they listed Paul Helinger as a voice on the back of one of the Gold Audio sets - I think it was the first or second one. Any casual fan could probably fix a mistake like that, so it is annoying that stuff like that isn't noticed. I guess in the big picture, though (no pun intended) it doesn't really make a difference.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Bmuntz wrote:FOTF or Tyndale and before Tommy Nelson make a lot of mistakes on AIO products. I thought it was cleared up and there wouldn't mistakes any more or least barley any because of there mistakes in the past. But seems as if they don't learn. I got Gold audio On thin Ice it says that there are 14 eps but I only counted 13. Then I learned that Front Page News just wasn't listed on the CD as a ep on it. It's not I big mistake but it is still a mistake and they make a lot of them.
I hate mistakes too Bmuntz...which is why I found your post intriguing!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Have you considered a job as the official word censor on this board? :lol:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Then you must've bought it well after it was out. As was pointed out, those mistakes can only be found in the first releases of the albums.

-Jonathan
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

I could be (I noticed your other post about me in another thread as well...) if you'd like me to be.

This is the second time I've corrected others spelling. One was in the mayoral race. Several agreed with my argument there. This one happened to be a little more tongue in cheek as the thread was about mistakes. I assumed others would see the humor in it.

If two corrections makes me the 'official' word censor - then so be it.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

There's been a lot of it going around lately and it's getting positively annoying. :anxious:
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Flyah wrote: I assumed others would see the humor in it.
Sorry, you didn't.

Twill bee mie lassth corexion of bade splliening.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

While the mistakes bother me to no end, it should be noted that "Beyond Expectations" and "Mission: Accomplished" don't appear to have any errors. Which is promising. Also, all of the errors in the earlier albums I believe have been worked out and they should be fine as well (1 - 5).
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Shadowpaw wrote:While the mistakes bother me to no end, it should be noted that "Beyond Expectations" and "Mission: Accomplished" don't appear to have any errors. Which is promising. Also, all of the errors in the earlier albums I believe have been worked out and they should be fine as well (1 - 5).
Yay! I really hope you're right, Shadowpaw. That would be very cool.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

That is of course assuming new errors weren't created in the process of fixing the old ones ;). As I haven't actually repurchased any of the Gold Audio 1 - 5 (and don't intend to as I'm happy with the ones I currently have) I can't confirm for sure that everything has been fixed.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Flyah wrote:
Flyah wrote: I assumed others would see the humor in it.
Sorry, you didn't.
Generally when members are teasing each other with corrections they soften them by making use of certain emoticons placed at their disposal. ;), :lol:, and :anxious: all work fine. :)