Legalities

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Legalities

Post by EK »

http://sparklet.iwarp.com/odysseyaudio.html
is it right to download those?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ooh . . . I don't think those are even allowed to be posted online. :-s

Her voice sure has matured. And she can actually sing. Unlike what I thought when I heard that one episode in which her character went particularly off-key. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Ooh . . . I don't think those are even allowed to be posted online. :-s

Her voice sure has matured. And she can actually sing. Unlike what I thought when I heard that one episode in which her character went particularly off-key. #-o
Which episode was that? I thought it was Liz that was the bad singer. :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh, right. I'm confusing Liz with Sarah. They were (are) both annoying, in my opinion. :-$
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eugene Kendall wrote:http://sparklet.iwarp.com/odysseyaudio.html
is it right to download those?
Unless the site has recieved special permission to put them up, then no. They are all still avaliable from FOTF, and downloading would consitute a breach of copyright law. Not sure where we would find out about special permissions, but I doubt the site has recieved any.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Oh, right. I'm confusing Liz with Sarah. They were (are) both annoying, in my opinion. :-$
And they sound similar when they’re younger. :p Although Liz sings poorly in that episode I believe that she does sing in real life.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

No it's not legal to post those, I told the webmaster that I was mostly mad because he ripped off those files from ME! I posted the entire "Scarlett Collection" online for a few people's benefit (but STREAMING AUDIO) and that guy ripped them off and posted them on his site.
:shame:
Daniel
Lurker

Post by Daniel »

I'm a little confused. Is it legal to post streaming files? Is it legal to post unreleased episodes? (I see you have some of the unreleased episodes on your site OdysseyFan - the Family Portraits of which you ripped off from ME! :)

I don't want to do things that are illegal, but I do know that a lot of people would love to have the unreleased episodes. It seems a little fuzzy as the episodes are no longer sold, so FOTF isn't really loosing money, but that doesn't make it right, does it? If it were possible to get the episodes from FOTF I would definatly have done that, as I'm sure many others would as well.

If it's legal and noone will be upset, I think it would be great to have all the unreleased episodes available for download.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I got the Family Portraits eps forever ago from some website online.....but later I couldn't find it again. It was probably from one of you two--Thanks! =D>
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

FP...mine got all deleted
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I don't see anything wrong with posting the unreleased ones. As Focus doesn't sell them anymore, you are not depriving them of making a profit. Furthermore, there is no other way to obtain them, aside from waiting for the rare ebay auction.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

Sorry Daniel, I didn't remember where I got the original MP3s from I actually own the FP Album now, so theoretically I could convert from the tapes, and have my own created MP3s. but that'd be a pain.