Your favorite genre?

of AIO

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Chandler

Your favorite genre?

Post by Chandler »

So what's your favorite AIO genre? Saga? Mystery? Slice of Life? History? Bible? Imagination Station? Christmas?
You aren't confined to that list either. Whatever you think best describes what you like. Then explain why that's your favorite. :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Slice of life - just good normal shows that you can listen to again and again. I like ones with some humor in them the best! :hithead:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Saga, of course.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

sagas with lots of mystery, action and adventure...!!!

and comedy is great!! i love the older eps with connie and eugene, and jimmy and lawrence were funny.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

There should be a poll for this topic...and my favorite genre is slice of life.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have to pick one?! :mecry: But I can't! I like slice-of-life episodes, but I love excitement and adventure, too! Neither one would be as good if there wasn't the other one to contrast it with. I like the sagas too, with all those delightful little interconnecting tidbits that the real fans enjoy so much! Umm..can I just say that I love all AIO, so matter what?

(And I didn't even hate the short episodes!) :anxious:
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Mystery or slice of life. One of those. Saga's are good to.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Catspaw wrote:I have to pick one?! :mecry: But I can't! I like slice-of-life episodes, but I love excitement and adventure, too! Neither one would be as good if there wasn't the other one to contrast it with. I like the sagas too, with all those delightful little interconnecting tidbits that the real fans enjoy so much! Umm..can I just say that I love all AIO, so matter what?

(And I didn't even hate the short episodes!) :anxious:
Same with me!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

slice of life, comedy, mystery, adventure, I love them all. Yes I too do not mind the spilt eps.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It depends on my mood, and the quality of the ep. I did a more extensive analysis of my preference at the TH several months ago.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

This is another topic that I simply cannot choose one. They all have their place. However, slice of life needs to be the most prevelant; that way the show stays real, so to speak.

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I like slice of life episodes. The normal, but fun every-day tales of of favorite people's lives.

Although the occasional mystery or adventure is níce, too, so it doesn't get boring.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:There should be a poll for this topic...and my favorite genre is slice of life.
I though about it but then I decided that people might have more than one favorite and would have a hard time voting for just one if each choice was only one option... :-k
I also decided that it'd be confusing to try to come up with a bunch of combined options... and if I missed a genre I could really botch it. :anxious:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Slice of life, because they don't get boring after you've listened to them twice.
...I hate marquees.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Slice of life... all the way :D
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

My favorite is History but I also like comedy, mystery, and 'event' shoes (like For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll and Malachi's Message).
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

Hmm... I really don't know what my favorite genre is :-k . I know what I don't like, and that's history and Imagination Station episodes. If I had to pick, I'd have to say mystery episodes.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

EugeneFans Cousin wrote:Hmm... I really don't know what my favorite genre is :-k . I know what I don't like, and that's history and Imagination Station episodes. If I had to pick, I'd have to say mystery episodes.
Why don't you like imagination station and historical episodes? :-k
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I can't speak for him personally but I know some people don't like the suspension of reality for the Imagination Station, hearing stories they already know, or the way the stories are handled. :-k
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I like the Thanksgiving eps.

Esp "Thanksgiving at Home" (which reminds me, that's another ep I can quote all the way through by myself)

And "Thank You, God" (which I can quote most of all by myself).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.