Novacom and Blackgaard sagas: Parallels

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Novacom and Blackgaard sagas: Parallels

Post by LizzieG »

I thought it was interesting how, near the beginning of both sagas, there is a rival "kid place" in town that Whit and one of his employees visit - with Eugene at Blackgaard's Castle, and with Nick at the Novacom Kids Center. I'm sure most of you already picked up on that, but I didn't see any topics on it so I thought I'd mention it. What other parallels between the two sagas do you guys notice?

Also, just like Blackgaard made two visits to Odyssey, it's a given (at least to me) that Novacom isn't finished yet.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I once wrote up a list of all the parallels I found in the Blackgaard and Novacom sagas. I lost the list and I don't remember everything on there, but somehow I never thought about the Blackgaard's Castle/Novacom Kid's Center connection. I guess because the Kid's Center had such a small part in the overall story.

Let's see...connections I made:
1. A "salvation" episode
-Blackgaard: Eugene/Time Has Come
-Novacom: Aubrey/Under the Influence
2. Main character arrested:
-Blackgaard: Jason
-Novacom: Tom
3. Character injured and goes to hospital near the end of saga:
-Blackgaard: Richard Maxwell
-Novacom: Cal
4. Character "converted" from bad guy to good guy:
-Blackgaard: Richard Maxwell
-Novacom: Monica and Arthur Dent

That's all I can think of now. I think there's more.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

that's cool!

i never thought about it really.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I still want to know how Margaret Faye fits into the works. There was talk several years ago of her coming back during the Novacom Saga.

As for similarities... did anyone catch the two explosions: one in the Novacom Saga and one in the Blackgaard Saga? The tower on Tom's leased land blew up, while Whit's End's Underground Railroad tunnel blew up.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I don't really consider Monica a "bad guy". The things she did was based on guilt and wanting to correct the things she did wrong. Unfortunately, she made some bad decisions and and went about it the wrong way. I always considered her a good person who went astray.

Richard Maxwell was getting into trouble since we first met him and really didn't have a change of heart until the end of DBD.

Blackgaard, well some people will never change.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

WindowWasher wrote:I don't really consider Monica a "bad guy". The things she did was based on guilt and wanting to correct the things she did wrong. Unfortunately, she made some bad decisions and and went about it the wrong way. I always considered her a good person who went astray.
True, but Monica was portrayed as a villain in the series until the very end, when we learned of the circumstances behind her actions and she changed her ways. She was working on the wrong side for most of the saga, just like Richard.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

WindowWasher wrote:I don't really consider Monica a "bad guy". The things she did was based on guilt and wanting to correct the things she did wrong. Unfortunately, she made some bad decisions and and went about it the wrong way. I always considered her a good person who went astray.
A lot of people justify their actions by saying that there's a lot of good in themselves. We have to watch that we don't take on this incorrect philosophy of life. We are all desperately wicked. I'm probably the most wicked one on here...

I beg to differ. Monica acted as a criminal. She was a bad guy, but she did have a change of heart.

As the Bible says, "There is none righteous, no not one." We are all born basically wretched, sinful people. We cannot be born "good."
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org