"Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"

Reviewers are loving it.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

"Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Michael Medved gave it 4/5 stars!

And Fox News reporter Mike Straka liked it:
Talladega Nights' Speeds Up the Laughs Will Ferrell usually has his finger on the pulse of what's funny, and he doesn't disappoint in his latest offering.
I think it looks pretty funny. For one thing, I happen to like Will's hilarious southern accent and the fact that he's stupid. And since it's Will Farell, he'll probably be hilarious, right? I've since changed my mind on him.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

From what I have seen it looks pretty stupid. I am not planning on seeing it anyway.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm totally planning on seeing it! \:D/ I want to see Will running around in his underwear on the big screen! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the preview for it (twice, since it aired before POTC2 both times I saw it) and it just looks a bit too stupid and rude for me to rush out and see it. I won't say that I'll never watch it, but I doubt it. Maybe most of it is better than the preview indicates, but I have my doubts.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

When I first saw the poster for this movie, I instantly thought it was something I wanted to avoid at all costs... but then I saw the trailer. This is one movie I definitely don't want to miss.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Pepper Doyle wrote:And since it's Will Farell, he'll probably be hilarious, right?
It's also Will Ferrell so it'll probably be pretty naughty. (and I have read some reviews [not pluggedin yet] that it indeed is :cry: ) :shame: Although he did good in Kicking And Screaming and Elf. =D>

I am definately wanting to see this but unfortunate circumstances have kept me from watching in opening night, and I may not be able to see it till it's second week! ](*,)

Will Ferrell is my favorite actor, so I shall not be missing it. I also can't wait for Stranger Than Fiction http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=18 ... cf=trailer and Blades Of Glory (olympic iceskating movie).
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I would like to see it, but can't because of scheduling conflicts...
ie work. It looks funny, and all the southern NASCAR fans should have fun with it \:D/
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

It looks funny, I read some new of it on a christian review site & they said it's cleaner than AnchorMan & has more story than Old School. I might see it...

-Bo
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm totally planning on seeing it! \:D/ I want to see Will running around in his underwear on the big screen! \:D/
That's kind of sick. It's supposed to be really stupid and crude. No, I will not see it. Bleck.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It's got men kissing it in, on at least 2 occasions. Homosexuality is a big joke in the movie. And Michael Medved gave it 3/5 not 4/5 like I thought. :D
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

I was planning on seeing it until I read PD's post. Gross.

-Hawk
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Black Hawk wrote:I was planning on seeing it until I read PD's post. Gross.

-Hawk
Ya. Same here. :D A friend of mine saw it and recommended I didn't waste time or money on it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*cough*

And given his track record, I didn't want to see it even before I read reviews. He's funny, yes, but his movies tend to be really low on the morality scale.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It was the greatest movie I've seen in months! :inlove:
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

It was rather pretty stinkin funny! I LOVE Will Ferrell!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!