So... anyone else got tickets for Star Wars Episode 3 yet?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Did you get tickets yet?

If you honor what they fight for... yes.
25%
No! I'll never join you!
19%
It's a trap!!
6%
Your friends on the Endore moon will not survive.
6%
Move the fleet away from the Death Star!
6%
I thought these things smelled bad on the outside.
13%
Ah hyuk hyuk hyuk
6%
Have them yet, I do not. But will have them, I may!
19%

Total votes: 16

beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I GOT MY TICKECTS TO THE MID-NIGHT SHOWING

*is extremely excited*
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Yeah, well, you don't have to rub it in!

I just found out that my dad has us the weekened before Halloween; If he takes us trick-or-treating, I'll get to be a Jedi after all!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I want to go to the mid night showing but my parents said no. ](*,) I told them that when I see it I will be 15. My Birthday is May 18th \:D/ I most likely will go to an afternoon showing on the 19th though so I'm happy.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

My birthday is the 18th to o and my brother is taking me to see it at the Mid-night showing. My parents arnt against it. the let us see all 3 Lord of the Rings at thier Mid-night showings.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Jman 009 wrote: Really sad, that is. Go with you, I would. Have them yet, I do not. But will have them, I may! Wait till it opens, I cannot. Sound alot like grover, I do.
:hilarious: <sometimes that little guy can express my reaction more than words can......
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I know exactly watch you mean!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

lol, one time I was watching the Empire Strikes Back and my little brother was listening to a Sesame Street tape in the next room. I muted the volume for a second, and Yoda started singing 'Happy Birthday to you'!

I've been watching Star Wars since I was three years old. I can't wait to watch Episode III, but I might read the book before I see it.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Who's all going to play the game before you watch the movie?

How many times are you going to see SWIII? My friend is coming with us to the midnight showing, then is going to the matinee the next day! My brother said he's going to go at least three times!!! I will only watch it in theatres once though, and again when my brother gets the DVD.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I might see it more than once... if I really like it, or if my friends want to go again or something. I occasionally go to movies twice (Yay for Spider-man 2, twice in one day, and again two days later! :shock:) but there are so many movies coming out I want to see, I don't know if I'm going to want to spend the money on going again, unless it is vanquished to the Dollar Theater.
Sgt Pepper
Lurker

Post by Sgt Pepper »

I think if anything, the concept of the 'Force' seems more logical than 90% of the world religions, I mean, I'm not saying that 'STAR WARS' should become a cult, but one can make many parallels with those movies with our world.
All we are saying...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

To date, the only movie I've seen more than once in theatres is LoTR: The Return of the King. Unless someone else is paying for my admission, I'd much rather wait and watch it at home and at my leisure. Surround sound . . . not the huge screen, but at least we have a pause button. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:...at least we have a pause button. :noway:
That's something I dislike about theatres - you can't pause the movie if you have to go to the bathroom, or you want something to drink! :(

As of today, I have advance tickets for the afternoon of May 19th! \:D/ I wasn't planning on going right away, but timing just seemed to work out that way - I have the day off work, even though I didn't request it off, it works for my brother - the Force was strong in guiding our ticket purchase! ;) If it's really good, I'll go see it again in theatres. For Christmas I got a theatre gift certificate that I haven't used yet, so that's handy.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
That's something I dislike about theatres - you can't pause the movie if you have to go to the bathroom, or you want something to drink! :(
Not to mention the fact you're forced to miss three minutes of the movie while you're getting your popcorn bag refilled. ](*,)

Hopefully, I'll be able to see the movie before the end of the month. I actually enjoy watching highly-anticipated movies in a full theatre. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote: Hopefully, I'll be able to see the movie before the end of the month. I actually enjoy watching highly-anticipated movies in a full theatre. :-k
Really?...well me too. It's just so stinkin expensive that I don't go much. (Unless my rich friends drag me to one.) So we all wait until the rat-infested theatre a couple cities down runs a matinee and then we all go see it for $2. (Seriously, I've had a rat run over my foot that there...at least that's what I think it was.)
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Not to mention the fact you're forced to miss three minutes of the movie while you're getting your popcorn bag refilled. ](*,)
i know, i hate that! ](*,) Fortunatlely during episode II my brother was the one to get the popcorn refilled. :D Unfortuneately, that meant I had to do it for The Day After Tomorrow. :cry:
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote: Hopefully, I'll be able to see the movie before the end of the month. I actually enjoy watching highly-anticipated movies in a full theatre. :-k
Really?...well me too. It's just so stinkin expensive that I don't go much. (Unless my rich friends drag me to one.) So we all wait until the rat-infested theatre a couple cities down runs a matinee and then we all go see it for $2. (Seriously, I've had a rat run over my foot that there...at least that's what I think it was.)
Yeah, the movie is enjoyable, but the atmosphere is not. :anxious: However, I watched The Passion of the Christ in one of those rat-infested theatres, and the lack of cushioned seats didn't make the movie any less moving. :noway:
Jman 009 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
i know, i hate that! ](*,) Fortunatlely during episode II my brother was the one to get the popcorn refilled. :D Unfortuneately, that meant I had to do it for The Day After Tomorrow. :cry:
In the past, I've typically been the one sent to refill the popcorn. #-o