So... anyone else got tickets for Star Wars Episode 3 yet?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Did you get tickets yet?

If you honor what they fight for... yes.
25%
No! I'll never join you!
19%
It's a trap!!
6%
Your friends on the Endore moon will not survive.
6%
Move the fleet away from the Death Star!
6%
I thought these things smelled bad on the outside.
13%
Ah hyuk hyuk hyuk
6%
Have them yet, I do not. But will have them, I may!
19%

Total votes: 16

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

So... anyone else got tickets for Star Wars Episode 3 yet?

Post by The Top Crusader »

I ordered a bunch for my friends and I yesterday, on that Fandango thing. Hurray for midnight showings!

(that second to last quote up there is that weirdo that rode with Lando in the Falcon when they attacked the Death Star)
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Thu May 05, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!I DID!

Can you tell I'm REALLY excited????? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm a Star Wars freak....so I'm very excited!

Me and my Dad are going to the midnight premiere in our town.

My mom isn't going......she doesn't really like them (b/c of the force and midicloriens) Anyway, she usally goes to bed at like....8pm.

I watch the trailer almost weekly...........I've memeroized the teaser trailer and the trailer.

So I'm very excited!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'll never join you!! :noway:

. . . actually, I hope to see the movie in theatres sometime. Before it comes out on DVD. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Simbelmyne34 wrote: My mom isn't going......she doesn't really like them (b/c of the force and midicloriens) Anyway, she usally goes to bed at like....8pm.
Heh... my mom pretty much forbid it in my house growing up, because the Force is terribly evil and all. :)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

oh yes......
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Simbelmyne34 wrote:My mom isn't going......she doesn't really like them (b/c of the force and midicloriens) Anyway, she usally goes to bed at like....8pm.
Heh... my mom pretty much forbid it in my house growing up, because the Force is terribly evil and all. :)
I was 12 or 13 before I was permitted to watch any Star Wars . . . :headscratch:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I had to watch them at friend's houses... although by Episode One I was old enough to drive.

I added an "I'll get them later, probably" option... though it may be too late for you, Trent. :(
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:I added an "I'll get them later, probably" option... though it may be too late for you, Trent. :(
It is. I cannot turn back . . . for the dark side, I have fallen. :mecry:
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I do not go to theatres, so I shall wait for the DVD.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Oh, you'll go this time!! *shakes fist menacingly*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"I thought those things smelled bad on the outside!"

I don't have tickets yet, but I do plan on going several times! (The only bad part is that Han Solo won't be in it). :(

I'm definitely not going to the midnight showing, just because I don't want to have all the hassle that will go along with it. Other people have been waiting a lot longer than me to see the finale, and they will be quite eager to get into the theatre, I'm sure. I don't mind waiting a couple days! ;)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Your friends on the Endor Moon will not survive...

I'm so excited! I asked my parents if I could go to the midnight showing, and they both said, "No! Absolutely not!" Mom said no because it was a school night, Dad said no because there are too many weirdos at the midnight showing.

If we were going to the midnight showing, my brothers, dad, and maybe even my sisters and grandma would all dress up. I wanted to be a Jedi (before my dreams crashed through the atmosphere like an Ewok-built starship), my dad would have been Darth Vader, and we were going to make one of my brothers be an Ewok.

I'll just have to wait a week and a half after it opens to see it. I'll play Knights of the Old Republic to take my mind off of it ;-)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Am not particularly excited. I don't really care for sci-fi, so it doesn't appeal to me all that much.

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/starwars Here's a crazy video of people waiting in line for III. It's very silly, so be warned. :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Frank wrote:Am not particularly excited. I don't really care for sci-fi, so it doesn't appeal to me all that much.
I don't really like sci-fi very much either... but, I don't know... Star Wars is just especially cool... \:D/
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Frank wrote:Am not particularly excited. I don't really care for sci-fi, so it doesn't appeal to me all that much.
I don't really like sci-fi very much either... but, I don't know... Star Wars is just especially cool... \:D/
Well, I guess it has merit...as one of the first in the sci-fi sort of movies...and the original movies had great special effects, and I like Harrison Ford. I guess I like Star Wars. :D

Still not going to buy a ticket though.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i don't have them yet but i will get them soon.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

No one I know wants to go with me :(, and although I don't mind doing things by myself--going to a crowded movie theater by myself makes me feel like a dork. So I will probably not go see it for awhile.........

And I chose to 2nd to last option without knowing what it stood for.....I thought it was just random sounds from Top's mind or it kinda sounded like the three stooges!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

jessicado wrote:No one I know wants to go with me :(, and although I don't mind doing things by myself--going to a crowded movie theater by myself makes me feel like a dork. So I will probably not go see it for awhile.........

Really sad, that is. Go with you, I would. Have them yet, I do not. But will have them, I may! Wait till it opens, I cannot. Sound alot like grover, I do.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I was hoping the special edition would take Yoda out and put Grover in... but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, Top, that is such a ridiculous idea - anybody could see that replacing Yoda with Kermit the Frog would be way cooler! \:D/