Enter Narnia!

Radio Theatre's latest schedule

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Chandler

Enter Narnia!

Post by Chandler »

The cover of this month's issue of Focus on the Family magazine shows a dad reading The Chronicles of Narnia to his children. Inside they have an article about the power of stories and their use in capturing the attention of an audience to illustrate a point as Jesus exemplified by telling parables.

After the article there is a blurb announcing a Narnia Daily Broadcast! From June 13 to August 26 the shows will be broadcast daily. The schedule goes like this.

The Magician's Nephew - June 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - June 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28
The Horse and His Boy - June 29, 30, July 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Prince Caspian - July 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - July 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, August 1, 2
The Silver Chair - August 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15
The Last Battle - August 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

The magazine suggests you check out Enter Narnia for more details and more information on everything that's going to happen. I'm not sure how to find out if a local radio station will be airing the shows nor do I know if they're going to be up at Oneplace. :-k

Enjoy Narnia fans! =D>
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

The Chronicles of Narnia is airing on a different time slot than Radio Theatre, so I doubt that Oneplace will play them. Anyway, I don't think they're allowed too...

Dave
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Dave wrote:The Chronicles of Narnia is airing on a different time slot than Radio Theatre
They would have to in my area because we only get it weekly on the radio.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I have just been listening to The Chronicles of Narnia. My family has them on CD.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw wrote an update about this on the Soda Fountain!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Huzzah! Thanks for the notice, Chandler. :)

According to EnterNarnia.com, the broadcasts won't be airing in Ottawa. :mecry:

Will they air on Oneplace? :pray:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My family has the set, but we paid way more than that for them! I don't think I'll tell my dad what we could get them for now. ;) (He doesn't like buying stuff off the internet anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter quite as much anyway).
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Huzzah! Thanks for the notice, Chandler. :)
You're welcome. :)
Trent DeWhite wrote:According to EnterNarnia.com, the broadcasts won't be airing in Ottawa. :mecry:
They probably won't air here either. *heads off to check*
Trent DeWhite wrote:Will they air on Oneplace? :pray:
They don't do a daily show right now... :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

That's always an option... in a recent CBD catalogue, I noticed the CON radio drams were on sale for a rather inexpensive price... even I can afford it. :shock:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:According to EnterNarnia.com, the broadcasts won't be airing in Ottawa. :mecry:
They probably won't air here either. *heads off to check*
Well, if one of the radio stations (airing CON) streams, perhaps I'll be able to set a timer to record it. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw mentions the cheap price in his update. :)

Nope, won't be airing here either. :mecry:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

After a bit of research, I discovered that the following stations supposedly stream their station online. \:D/

89.3 FM WRMB Boynton Beach FL M-F 7:00 pm
102.7 FM KTIG Pequot Lakes MN M-F 7:30 pm
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I already own the set and I'm tempted to purchase the boxset because it's such a steal ;). I also find the way my collection currently is organized as rather bulky... I much prefer the new packaging.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

The new packaging is quite nice.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

No stations around me will be playing it. I don't think so anyway..
...I hate marquees.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Shadowpaw wrote:I already own the set and I'm tempted to purchase the boxset because it's such a steal ;). I also find the way my collection currently is organized as rather bulky... I much prefer the new packaging.
Haha, I agree with both pounts. I've had all Seven since they've all come out...but they're all on tape. I'm tempted to re-buy that on CD...and I've also lost one several years ago of ''The Voyage of the Dawn Treader'' It's a collection that hurts terribly if one piece is missing.

BC
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

So, are these NEW Narnia episodes, or the older ones from RT?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Captain Jack wrote:So, are these NEW Narnia episodes, or the older ones from RT?
They're the same Narnia episodes released by Radio Theatre. Nothing's changed. :-k
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Is anyone sure about the promo releases of CON that they are in the new packaging? I'm pretty sure they are in single CD packagaing.

Just to let you know, FOTFRT are going to be rereleasing The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe this fall. The audio will be the same, but it will contain a full-color extra with Lewis's biography, some photos, letters, essays, and more. I believe this will only be available on CD.

Dave
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The packaging pictured when I clicked on the link on the SF looked like the same as what my family has, which we got through FOTF a couple years ago. It has 7 thin holder things inside a box (each like a booklet, but with CDs in them), and each little holder thing has several CDs in it, as many needed to hold the length of the book in that recording. The packaging is quite compact, and it's very portable, unlike having one of those big cases for all 7 sets.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Yeah, I saw the "low price" Radio Theatre-Narnia at a bookstore recently. Here's a promo image from NarniaFans.com...

It's basically the same box set, but they cut open one side so you could see all 7 titles. The indvidual 'Narnias' (Magician's Nephew 2-CD, etc.) are the flimsy little cardboard sleeve things -- the CDs NEVER stay in that package.... I like the larger DVD-style cases, personally.

Great dramas either way, though!

-shasta