HP and The Goblet Of Fire

The trailer!!!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I became absolutely obessessed with the books....like it was really unhealthy. I have all five books on tape, and I would listen to them over and over and over again, sort of how I used to listen to Odyssey. My mom didnt want me reading them at first either, but we listened to them together and we both really liked them. But then when I started naming objects after Harry Potter characters, and I wanted to get HP folders and notebooks (mind you, im a senior in HS) she knew it was a little too much and I needed help. So, she took the books away and only let me listen to odyssey. Its helped a lot. I still know all the books by heart, but thats ok.

I had a little slip on April 1st because its George and Freds birthday...I baked them a cake. Be quiet, I no im weird.

I really liked the first two movies, I adore Chris Columbus as director. But I hated the third movie. I dont like the director at all. He changed waaaay to much of from the first two. But the next one is directed by Mike Newel and I think he will do a good job.
Nov 18th, its marked on my calendar.
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." Matthew 5:29
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I like reading some of the editorials that are on another website that people write on topics. It's like reading a literary journal, but yet it's easy to understand. Then again I'll read articles on a lot of literary works.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

The harry potter books are so good! After watching the first three movies recently i just had to read the books so i read books 1-5 over the course of two and a half weeks. I had so much fun with it i can't wait till goblet of fire movie and book 6, harry potter and the half blood prince. I live in Japan but will be in America when it comes out so i think i will get it to read.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Fletcher
Hexadecimal teenager
Location: Smallville, Kansas, with regular commutes to Odyssey, Ohio

Post by Fletcher »

Am I the only one who liked the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie? I thought it was better than the first two movies. Chris Columbus made the first two movies too sweet and cheesy, and totally glossed over the themes. "Chamber of Secrets" should have been darker than it was in the movie, and the racism issue was almost nonexistent in the movie. The ending scene was cheesy too, and the acting wasn't that great either.

The "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie, while it changed the book's plot quite a bit, really got the messages of the book across-- not to mention that Daniel Radcliffe was finally really acting in the role of Harry. The only real problem with the "Azkaban" move was that the movie should have spent more time in classes and the ending shouldn't have been rushed so much. If the movie had been fifteen minutes longer it would have been perfect.
EUGENE IS BACK!!!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Oooh...the trailer looks really good. Now I want to see it.
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

Fletcher wrote:Am I the only one who liked the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie? I thought it was better than the first two movies. Chris Columbus made the first two movies too sweet and cheesy, and totally glossed over the themes. "Chamber of Secrets" should have been darker than it was in the movie, and the racism issue was almost nonexistent in the movie. The ending scene was cheesy too, and the acting wasn't that great either.
What racism are you referring to?
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." Matthew 5:29
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

The Mudblood/Pureblood issue (which is one of the main themes of the book)
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Fletcher wrote:Am I the only one who liked the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie? I thought it was better than the first two movies. Chris Columbus made the first two movies too sweet and cheesy, and totally glossed over the themes. "Chamber of Secrets" should have been darker than it was in the movie, and the racism issue was almost nonexistent in the movie. The ending scene was cheesy too, and the acting wasn't that great either.

The "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie, while it changed the book's plot quite a bit, really got the messages of the book across-- not to mention that Daniel Radcliffe was finally really acting in the role of Harry. The only real problem with the "Azkaban" move was that the movie should have spent more time in classes and the ending shouldn't have been rushed so much. If the movie had been fifteen minutes longer it would have been perfect.
hey I like the 3 movie! I even own it. I dont mind the othere two they could have been better but there entertaining.
Image [img]
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

it looks okay, i think i saw the first one, and that's probably it,. I think they're pretty good but i'm not one to wait in line to see them when they first come out. I went to see the first on e in the theatres come to thingk of it, bu tthat was mostly cause my cousins wanted to go.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

Thanks for posting that link =D>. I am also looking forward to the movie, and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only person who liked Goblet of Fire better than the other books :).
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The books bore me...the movies were ok, I watched the first two because of the kids I babysit.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I haven't scene any of the HP movies and am not a fan of them.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

*thread merged*

I was wondering if their were any anctual Harry Potter fans out their who were looking forward to the New movie Goblet of Fire comming out Nov 18?

Lord Sesshoumaru
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Definatly! I really like the books and I enjoy the movies.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

and here I was thinking I was alone in likeing HP.

Lord Sesshoumaru
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

He's a witch. Witches are evil. HP is EVIL. I could go on...

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I haven't read the books or watched the movies...but COT, you could have stated that a bit more tactfully. <_<
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I haven't read the books or watched the movies...but COT, you could have stated that a bit more tactfully. <_<
I am blunt who it comes to the truth sometimes.

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Now now now I didnt make this to debate weither or not the Harry Potter series is evil, been their done that got the t-shirt....twice!!!, rather This is for those select few who can tell the difference from reality and fiction and they happen to like this book series. If you wish to make a debateing thread go right ahead caus eI love "listening" to those. I find them fastinating.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

The only reason you think that HP is okay is because you enjoy the book series, not because you can tell the difference between reality and fantasy and others can't.

Dave