Pride & Prejudice

can there ever be too much?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Pride & Prejudice

Post by LizzieG »

It's been in the works for over a month. Finally, the day came, the day that we would watch Pride & Prejudice (the five-hour version). Jane Austen wrote such a beautiful story, and to rewatch my absolute favorite adaptation of it is enough to send me into a romantic daze...oh, Mr. Darcy! :inlove: And to watch it with a handful of also-swooning friends - what could be better? Now, all that's left to do is reread the book!

*Ahem* anyway, I'm sure there are many here who know exactly what I mean...right? ;)
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

LOL...My sis really likes that movie.

I've watched it once but I'm not too big on that type of movie, one time was more than enough for me. But I'm sure that my sis knows what you're talking about. She just bought this set of both the movie and the book Persuasion by Jane Austen.

I've got a Pride & Prejudice question. According to the book Jane is supposed to be the prettiest of the daughters, right? Isn't it kinda ironic that she has the same name as the author? :rofl2:

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I definitely know what you mean, Lizzie! \:D/ It's so pathetic...I'll read the book and then want to watch the movie, and then want to watch the other movie version, and then want to read the book again. :anxious: It's a circular pattern of P&Pness. :mad:

Yay for also-swooning friends! I need some of those. ;)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I've seen the BBC version that is 5 hours long on several occasions. I really like it. :anxious:

Yay for good novels becoming good films!
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I would really like to rent that version... I need to find out if the movie rental place has it. I'd definitely need to set aside an entire weekend to watch it, though. Maybe I'll do it over Christmas or Thanksgiving Break! :D

And, yay for guys liking the movie/books! My brother had to take a class that was completely centered around Jane Austen. I would have loved to take the class, but unfortunately, he didn't exactly have the same sentiments. :anxious:

Sarah
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Lord_Kappa wrote:I've seen the BBC version that is 5 hours long on several occasions. I really like it. :anxious:

Yay for good novels becoming good films!
There's nothing wrong with guys liking Pride and Prejudice. :shrugs: I have a cousin that loves the movie, and my brothers think it's an okay movie. ;)
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

*swoons*

Pride and Prejudice is amazing! There can never be enough! \:D/ I agree with catspaw, it just goes in a circuit that keep on going! yay!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

After watching Pride & Prejudice, I ordered the book from amazon.com (since I don't have it with me here at college), and then I ordered more P&P wallpaper from Crestwood, which I now proudly display on my computer :D

Cheers to the best romance of all time! :disco:
Bobbie
Gold Member

Post by Bobbie »

I have seen both the 5 hour and the 2 hour. 5 hour one rules! (bbc) I love that movie!....I have seen it like 3-4 times! lol
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

All I have to say is Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy *le sigh* (although Sir Lawernce Olivier comes pretty darn close). I really love the 5 hour BBC Pride and Prejudice. The casting for the entire movie was perfect.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Wow, there will never be too many threads about this movie either. I really love the one with Keira Knightley though.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I love the one with the zombie ninjas.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*swoons* Yeah, the zombie ninjas one had it's own appeal. Though I still like Colin Firth better. ;) *swoons next to dawningoftime*
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I've seen the 5 hour version once. It was good, but it honestly took me probbably that first hour and a half to adjust to the flip to old english.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:I've seen the 5 hour version once. It was good, but it honestly took me probbably that first hour and a half to adjust to the flip to old english.
I know what you mean, that's what I went through when I read the book. A lot of the movie's dialogue is from the book, so it seemed normal to me when I saw it..
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I never had that issue even when reading it.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I practically live and breath old english! (Ok so I enjoy it) So that was never an issue, but I understand what you mean.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I was listening to the soundtrack for the new Pride & Prejudice, and I must say, that may be the key for softening me up about that movie (since I've been very, ermm, vocal about how it doesn't even compare to the five-hour version).

The five-hour version is untoppable, but there are certain things I like about the new one, including the music and the cinematography. However, it just doesn't hit me as that romantic :noway:

As for the five-hour version....well, y'all know how I feel about that one \:D/
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I kinda want to see the new one to hear the music and see the screenplay. Is it out on video yet? :-s

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Lord_Kappa wrote:I kinda want to see the new one to hear the music and see the screenplay. Is it out on video yet? :-s
Yes it is :- If and when you do see it, be sure to let us know what you think \:D/