The Prestige

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

How good was this movie?

AMAZING!
25%
Good!
50%
Ok
No votes
Blah...
No votes
Dang, that stunk...
25%

Total votes: 4

Bennett
Someone's favorite

The Prestige

Post by Bennett »

Dang, I just saw the coolest movie ever on Friday. I loved it. Truly, I did. I was never so into a movie in my life--the story was that rich, smart, and good! And it kept your attention the whole way.

Honestly, aside from perhaps a case of implied adultry, it's quite the clean movie. Anyone who loves a good thrilling film should go see it. It's worth the movie. Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were amazing...

Best film of the year so far.

Bennett
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Yay! \:D/ I haven't seen it yet... :anxious: But I've been wanting to, really badly, but hadn't heard if it was good or not (I'm not really into reading reviews much these days), so you've got me all excited about it. \:D/
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I've been wondering if that was a good movie...after I read Focus on the Family's review, though, I wondered why it was rated PG-13--it seemed pretty clean. I kinda wanna see it.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

It looks kinda interesting...my sister is going to see it this weekend. If she thinks it's good maybe I'll see it when it goes to the 50¢ theater...maybe. :-k

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

The new movie with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman about dueling magicians? Yeah, I REALLY want to see it. I had no idea it was already out. I figured it was a christmas release. I really don't go to the theaters in October :(

I'll try to make a special visit ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I saw the preview for it when I went to see the Illusionist and I want to see it. I think it'll be a whole lot darker than The Illusionist, but that'll probably make it even better. But yeah, I want to see it, most likely won't for a long time because I never go to the theatre! \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Renata
I'm memorable
Post by Renata »

I haven't seen it, but I read pluggedin's review and just from that I wouldn't watch it. It said in the review that they took God's name in vain, how can a christian watch that?
Last edited by Renata on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Usti Da wrote:I haven't seen it, but I read pluggedin's review and just from that I wouldn't watch it. It said in the review that they took God's name in vain, how can a christian watch that?

Usti Da
I'm guessing then you haven't seen too many movies in your life...
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Usti Da wrote:I haven't seen it, but I read pluggedin's review and just from that I wouldn't watch it. It said in the review that they took God's name in vain, how can a christian watch that?

Usti Da
Hmmm...I don't rightly know what to say to that. I'm not going to say I'm "immune" to it...and it bothers me--a lot--but, I hear it quite a bit...(like, even at Church) and, I mean, how many Christians say gosh? While that's not God's name, per se, it's still a "form" of it, I guess. I don't like over exposing myself to stuff like that, but I'm not going to not watch a movie because of that. Though I would if it had overly bad languege, you know.

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Renata
I'm memorable
Post by Renata »

Bennett, yes I have, but I'm real picky and I mostly watch old ones.
pinkjeans92, If I'm watching a movie and they swear once I turn it off. It just isn't that important to me, I hear it to much in daily life as it is.
Last edited by Renata on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I thought the movie was excellent...
Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman were both great, and I especially enjoyed Michael Caine, who is one of my favorite actors.
Scarlett Johannson I thought was poorly cast. I've seen such better work from her in other films.
The set and costumes were awesome.
And I like the end. A lot.
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Usti Da wrote:Bennett, yes I have, but I'm real picky and I mostly watch old ones.
pinkjeans92, If I'm watching a movie and they swear once I turn it off. It just isn't that important to me, I hear it to much in daily life as it is.

Usti Da
True, true. It's always handy to watch it on a TV that has a blocker/screener whatever you wanna call it for bad words...

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*Hopes to see it this weekend!* \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The plot concept sounds quite interesting... I may rent it later on, as I don't really watch movies in theaters.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Kind of strange that this and The Illusionist came out around the same time because they seem fairly similar to the naked eye. :-k

I saw The Illusionist and thought it was pretty good. I loved the story and followed the plot and even got the ending before I saw it. It's like a fairy tale too, they want you to think, along with the crowds in the movie, whether or not this guy has some supernatural talent or it's slight of hand. It also had some lesser known people in it, so I think it wasn't as popular, it's good though.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz