Your Favorite LHOP Character

And all things Little House

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Who's your favorite?

Laura
33%
Mary
8%
Carrie
No votes
Ma
No votes
Pa
33%
Mr. Edwards
17%
Doc Baker
No votes
Other (Please specify in post)
8%

Total votes: 12

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Pa.

I've read all the original Laura Ingalls books (not recently, mind you :anxious:)
You've read the LHOTP books? :rofl2:
Of course. :noway:
The Top Crusader wrote:I read them all... before the dark times.

...before the Empire. :(
Top, we should start a club. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

I like the books best! :noway: I like Almazo I actually would invite him to dinner if I could...hummm.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Chandler wrote:I haven't seen it in years. The scene I always remember is a guy (a schoolteacher?) getting mad at Nellie and pouring eggs on her head. He made the mistake of saying she was pretty when doing it. He left and someone (Ma Ingalls?) came in and was shocked at her appearance. She had this dreamy look on her face and was like "he said I'm pretty. *sigh*"

Chandler, that would be Percival Dalton and Nelly and Percival get married. Percival is a great guy (see Nelly/Percival segment in "A Portrait of Love" 7th season).

To answer your question Laura my family owns the seasons 1-7. We are currently on the second disc of the 7th season. We also own the Laura books and two of the Martha books. I have only ever gotten as far as the maple candy incident in the Laura books. :anxious:

~OrigamiKid

Laura, there is a little booklet that comes with every season and most library copies don't have the booklets.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

OrigamiKid wrote:
Chandler wrote:I haven't seen it in years. The scene I always remember is a guy (a schoolteacher?) getting mad at Nellie and pouring eggs on her head. He made the mistake of saying she was pretty when doing it. He left and someone (Ma Ingalls?) came in and was shocked at her appearance. She had this dreamy look on her face and was like "he said I'm pretty. *sigh*"

Chandler, that would be Percival Dalton and Nelly and Percival get married. Percival is a great guy (see Nelly/Percival segment in "A Portrait of Love" 7th season).
:lol: Thanks! I thought that they later married but I couldn't remember for sure. :doubt: What a way to get started. #-o
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

OrigamiKid wrote:Laura, there is a little booklet that comes with every season and most library copies don't have the booklets.
Is that the one with all the episodes listed and little descriptions of each?

At one of our libraries, they split the season into 3 2-DVD sets and only the first set has the booklet with it. But the other library has the whole season with the fold-out thingy and booklet that you can check out. Which is good in a way, but you really can't watch 6 DVDs in a week! Which means most people just keep it for a long time which means I HAVE TO WAIT FOREVER TO GET IT!!!! :mecry:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
OrigamiKid wrote:Laura, there is a little booklet that comes with every season and most library copies don't have the booklets.

At one of our libraries, they split the season into 3 2-DVD sets and only the first set has the booklet with it. But the other library has the whole season with the fold-out thingy and booklet that you can check out. Which is good in a way, but you really can't watch 6 DVDs in a week! Which means most people just keep it for a long time which means I HAVE TO WAIT FOREVER TO GET IT!!!! :mecry:
Yes, the booklet lists the disc and the episodes on that disc. Under the episode title is a brief description of each episode on that disc.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Laurie wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:

Yes, the booklet lists the disc and the episodes on that disc. Under the episode title is a brief description of each episode on that disc.
What she said. :D All the librairys around here have lost there booklets. :cry: Usely (at least here in Massachusetts) you can renue books (and all librairy matirials) online. One lirbrary loans everything for two weeks (even vidios) and you can renue online for two more weeks! \:D/

~OrigamiKid
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Just yesterday, I looked at our library's catalog, and they don't have the last two DVDs of season 3!! :thud: :thud: That's what I've been waiting for someone to bring back for 4 months!! It must be lost, now I can't see it!! :mecry:

So I got season 4. Although I hate watching things out of order! And I saw the library just got in season 6, so I can watch all the way through season 7 now! \:D/
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

FYI the cheapest place we have found to buy LHOTP is BJs (something like $30 I think.)

~OrigamiKid
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I saw a set at Sam's Club today, but I did not see how much it was. I don't even know what season it was.