Your Favorite LHOP Character

And all things Little House

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Who's your favorite?

Laura
33%
Mary
8%
Carrie
No votes
Ma
No votes
Pa
33%
Mr. Edwards
17%
Doc Baker
No votes
Other (Please specify in post)
8%

Total votes: 12

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Your Favorite LHOP Character

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So who do you like? What's your favorite episode?

My favorite is Laura :shock: , but I enjoy most of the others. Although I shudder every time Carrie opens her mouth! :noway:

All Little House on the Prairie fans post here!!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Nellie Olsen rocks!!! WOOOOO!!!! \:D/

It's been ages since I've seen it, I remember thinking Mr. Edwards, and Mr. Olsen were pretty likeable.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm entirely unfamiliar with the movies/shows, but I love the books! Mary was always too good for me to fully enjoy - she was the kind of person that you felt like you should be, but never could be, at times. Laura semed much more real and genuine, the kind of person that the average person could relate to. Pa was great, too! \:D/

Top, wasn't Nellie the obnoxious one who got the leeches stuck to her legs at a birthday party or something? (At least in the books)?
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

The Top Crusader wrote:Nellie Olsen rocks!!! WOOOOO!!!! \:D/
*laughs hysterically*

I believe Mr. Edwards or Doc Baker are my favorites.

Cheerio

Doc W.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I don't really watch it...but I'll have to say that Mr. Edwards is my favorite out of the bunch.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Charles Ingalls is my favorite character by far. :)
2ndary Character winner is a three way tie between Mr. Edwards, Doc Baker, and Nells Oleson.
Favorite Female Character goes to Mary Ingalls. :)

I love this show. That's what I was watching for the past hour.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Ooh yeah...Michael Landon is sooo...sooo....um...okay. Not going to say any more. The tv series was okay. The books are awesome. Such life, such warmth, such family togetherness. I love it. :D *sighs*

Favorite part is when Mary and Laura are making maple sugar-snow candy in the Big Woods and all the cousins come over.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:Top, wasn't Nellie the obnoxious one who got the leeches stuck to her legs at a birthday party or something? (At least in the books)?
I think you're right. :lol:

I haven't seen it in years. The scene I always remember is a guy (a schoolteacher?) getting mad at Nellie and pouring eggs on her head. He made the mistake of saying she was pretty when doing it. He left and someone (Ma Ingalls?) came in and was shocked at her appearance. She had this dreamy look on her face and was like "he said I'm pretty. *sigh*"
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've always liked Mary. She reminds me a lot of myself. We're both the oldest, we both have blond hair, we both have a little sister who has brown hair, and annoys us. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think my favorite characters are Mary and Laura. My favorite episode is the one were Mary goes blind.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I like that one too, Laurie! It's called "I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away." Let's see...I also like "Aftermath", "Plague", "Laura Ingalls Wilder", and others. Plus I haven't seen all the shows. There may be some that I would love but just haven't seen yet.
Our library has seasons 1-5 & 7 on DVD, and I'm working my way through season 3 right now. The one I need to watch next has been checked out and overdue for months now, so I hope someone will eventually bring it back so I can see the rest. I hate skipping ahead so I'm kinda stuck until I can get that one. :D

My favorite of the books would probably be These Happy Golden Years, On the Banks of Plum Creek, and The Long Winter.

I found a LHOP web site if anyone would be interested in checking it out. I believe there's a message board and quizzes and stuff. :D

http://www.imavision.com/lhop/eStore,wc ... ,home.html
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The other two that I like that I can remember off the top of my head are: The Lord is my Shepard and The Richest Man in Walnut Grove.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love Mr. Edwards and I also like Nelly even though many people dont. I think what happens to her is just so funnnnnnyyy. :rofl2: :hilarious:

*has ammused herself*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Who owns any of the books or TV shows? I think they're going to be coming out with the 8th season on June 14th. =D>

We don't have any of the DVDs, but we do have all the original books plus one of the Martha years. I don't like those (Rose years, Caroline years, etc.) as well though. You just can't beat Laura Ingalls Wilder! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Who owns any of the books or TV shows? I think they're going to be coming out with the 8th season on June 14th. =D>

We don't have any of the DVDs, but we do have all the original books plus one of the Martha years. I don't like those (Rose years, Caroline years, etc.) as well though. You just can't beat Laura Ingalls Wilder! :D
I used to own the original Laura books but I gave them away. I owned a couple of the Rose and a couple of the Caroline books but I've since given those away as well. I didn't care for them as much either. I've also read 8 other books written by T. L. Tedrow that are fictional stories involving a grown Laura Wilder. I would NOT recommend those to anyone. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Pa.

I've read all the original Laura Ingalls books (not recently, mind you :anxious:) and I appreciated Mr. Ingalls' personality the most. In a way, he reminded me of my own dad. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Pa.

I've read all the original Laura Ingalls books (not recently, mind you :anxious:)
You've read the LHOTP books? :rofl2:

j/k
I don't have any problem with it. They're an authentic piece of history and are not limited to the female persuasion! :noway:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I read them all... before the dark times.

...before the Empire. :(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Who owns any of the books or TV shows? I think they're going to be coming out with the 8th season on June 14th. =D>

I have the DVDs. I have all of the original books plus some of the newer series. I'm not sure which ones I have.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I have always liked Almanzo and Cap and also that teen she teaches who won't obey her best.

I have never seen the videos.
Priscilla

<><