The Guardian

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

The Guardian

Post by Sarah »

I went to see this movie over the weekend, and I really liked it! It was hard to get very excited about it, since the girl who I was with didn't react much to it. All she really said was "Yeah, it was good" - so it was hard to tell if she like it and was just un-enthusiastic, or if she just thought it was okay. :P

I was a bit hesitant since Ashton Kutcher was in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and he's pretty good in funnier movies, but I wasn't sure how he'd do in a more serious movie - not to mention as one of the main characters. He turned out to do rather well.

Kevin Costner was great, also.

It was also odd timing for me to see it - My brother is enlisting in the Coast Guard, so it was kind of funny to watch a movie about CG Rescue Swimmers. I mean, he's not going to be a rescue swimmer, but it was still kind of funny.

Anyway, did anyone else see this movie?

I really hope I'm not making a duplicate topic, here!

Sarah
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

* would really like to see this movie, but has no time to*

I love Kevin Costner, not crazy about Ashton, but I knew a couple of people that were several years ago, so..
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I want to see it and I have heard that it's a good movie.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the trailer like three times before other movies I saw in theatres this summer, so by then I was interested in seeing it. I doubt I'll go see it in theatres, but if I hear some more good things, I'll for sure rent it sometime! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I really dislike AK [from how he acts on Punk'd] but he's a decent actor. I haven't seen the movie either, but I also have a friend who enlisted in the Coast Guard, so it might be neat to see a bit of what they go through.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I totally agree with you, Sarah!

Aside from a couple of parts, I thought it was very good. Kinda long, there were about three different times when I thought they were finishing up.

I saw it with three very funny friends so it was made even better by their presents. Two of the girls I went with are rather emotional and the other girl and myself are not, so we were laughing at them during several parts. When it'd get really exciting they'd clap or if it was depressing they'd start sobbing (kinda), it was quite interesting. I have such great friends. :D

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
jim
Processing

Post by jim »

Pretty good movie. If you have seen Top Gun and officer and a gentleman, combine the two, throw them in the water and you have the Guardian.

There is nothing original about this movie at all and it is full of cliches made famous by the previously mentioned movies but it is well done and Costner does a pretty good job, one of his best of recent years. Kutcher, whom I have no idea who he is, does a good job as well.

Because of the ocean scenes, this movie is well worth the cost to see at a theater.

Not a bad way to spend an evening.
Free Comic emailed weekly!
http://www.gumballgang.com
Live DrawingCam! http://www.kidstimestudio.com/drawingcam