The SpongeBob Movie: Boring, Offensive and Disappointing

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Do you agree with this topic?

Yes, the movie is boring, but not offensive.
29%
Yes, the movie has some negative aspects, but it's entertaining.
14%
Yes, the movie is boring and offensive.
43%
I disagree with you completely.
14%

Total votes: 7

Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

The SpongeBob Movie: Boring, Offensive and Disappointing

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I looked forward to seeing the movie, being a former-fan of the show. But this movie is what sent the series downhill.

There was no real humour in it, except for a few lines. It was really boring and not up to the SpongeBob standard. ("Band Geeks" and "Dying for Pie" are some of the best.)

But, the worst of it was the language and innuendo. I was shocked, particularly when I found that there were swear words in the film!
Everything written in this post is false.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Very boring.

Haven't seen it, so I haven't been offended per se.

But SpongeBob is basically the epitome of evil in my book, so.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:Very boring.

Haven't seen it, so I haven't been offended per se.

But SpongeBob is basically the epitome of evil in my book, so.
The wisest six-year-old I ever knew...

He's evil and has stolen the minds of children everywhere. :( It's not even a childrens show, the guys who made, in the beginning, didn't even have children in mind. (I think that's what the 20/20 I saw about said...)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I haven't seen the movie but Spongebob is the stupidest kids show I have ever seen. It's not even remotely funny. Back in my day we had good shows on Nickelodeon like Kenan and Kel, Rockos Modern Life, AHH Real Monsters, and many others...now all they have is Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob...ew.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Back in my day we had Pinwheel and Eureka's Castle and The Elephant Show. :noway:
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

I enjoyed those classic shows.

In my opinion, Avatar: The Last Airbender is the only thing keeping Nickelodeon alive, but that show is getting less interesting. It took a turn downhill when they tried to make it more like anime.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:I enjoyed those classic shows.

In my opinion, Avatar: The Last Airbender is the only thing keeping Nickelodeon alive, but that show is getting less interesting. It took a turn downhill when they tried to make it more like anime.
YES! Thank you! Seriously, I love Avatar, but I can barely find it on TV since I don't have Nickelodean. AND DEATH TO SPONGEBOB!

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I've only seen a brief clip of a Sponge Bob episode and it was very stupid. I don't watch the show and don't plan on seeing the movie. I have heard before that the movie was rather inappropriate.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:I looked forward to seeing the movie, being a former-fan of the show. But this movie is what sent the series downhill.

There was no real humour in it, except for a few lines. It was really boring and not up to the SpongeBob standard. ("Band Geeks" and "Dying for Pie" are some of the best.)

But, the worst of it was the language and innuendo. I was shocked, particularly when I found that there were swear words in the film!
If you're offended by a spongebob movie, you need to wake up and face the real world.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

It wasn't as much offensive as it was boring, though.

I think I was more shocked because it was SpongeBob, not Adam Sandler.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Profanity in SpongeBob's movie? Disappointing. Oh well. I never really liked the show, anyways.

---

Xiao, the real world doesn't always curse, especially when you surround yourself with people with morals. And who knows? Maybe if the media didn't have profanity everywhere, including movies children will probably watch, regardless of who it was made for, less people would swear.