Night at the Museum

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Night at the Museum

Post by STRYPER »

Has anyone seen this yet?

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this film. I thought it might be inapropriate or corny... or both. Instead I found it to be one of the cleanest comdies I've seen in a while and a TON of fun. Dick Van Dyke is outstanding, Robin Williams performs his second clean role of his career (the first being Aladdin), and Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are hilarious together.

I've already seen it twice and would love to see it again. You've got to see this thing!
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I saw the trailer for it, and I thought it was hilarious! I don't know if I'll see it in the theaters- but I'll definitely see it when it comes out! \:D/

I was watching the trailer- and I saw Dick Van Dyke, and I literally jumped out of my seat! :lol:

I didn't realize Robin Williams was in it though... :-k
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

The movie does look pretty funny, I'll have to admit. I probably won't see it in theaters, but there's a good chance I'll rent this one when it comes out on DVD! \:D/
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

When I saw Dick in the trailer I thought it was for a bit part and small role. It turns out he has one of the biggest roles in the movie. And he's still outstanding. Dick Van Dyke hasn't lost anything!!! (well ok, a little bit, but not much).
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

STRYPER wrote:When I saw Dick in the trailer I thought it was for a bit part and small role. It turns out he has one of the biggest roles in the movie. And he's still outstanding. Dick Van Dyke hasn't lost anything!!! (well ok, a little bit, but not much).
Nifty, I thought he had a bit part too...I'm glad he doesn't though! :D
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I saw it last night it is awesomeness.
SPOILERS
RObin WIlliams is Teddy rosevelt I think.
It was strange seeing my hero Dick Van Dike as a villain.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I wanted to see this movie, but I got outvoted, so we went to see The Pursuit of Happyness instead. Hrmph.

I've heard from several people that the movie was/is hilarious. I'd really like to see it in IMAX if I can, because I've heard that's the way to go! Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing it in just a regular theater. I'm sure that either way, it'd be fun. :D

If I have to, I'll drag the rest of the family along! *cackle*

Sarah
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Definitely one of the better films I've seen recently. Almost as good as Talladega Nights for best comedy of 2006!! \:D/ But yeah I was surprised at the overall cleanness and goodness of the film...
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I saw it on Sunday. It was great! Go see this movie! \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I will definitely have to see both this film and The Pursuit of Happiness :yes:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Well I went and saw it, it's a funny film with good humor, but I personally found it boring. There really wasn't much of a plot and I guess I like movies with a ton of plot. But it definitely is a popular movie. :anxious:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I just saw that a couple of days ago. It was really good! I agree with everything STRYPER said. It was entertaining and not a lot of bathroom and immature humour.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I saw it on my birthday and it was funny! I found nothing objectional in it and it was a bit humorous at times.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

STRYPER wrote: Instead I found it to be one of the cleanest comdies I've seen in a while and a TON of fun. Dick Van Dyke is outstanding, Robin Williams performs his second clean role of his career (the first being Aladdin), and Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are hilarious together.
My thoughts exactly! I love this movie! I wish I could see it again, but I don't want to spend $8 on a movie ticket... I really enjoyed it. It was cute, funny, but also had a positive message to it. And I enjoyed how clean it was. It's gotta be the cleanest Ben Stiller has ever been. ;) I really enjoyed it... I don't think I've heard anyone who has seen it, say they disliked it, either. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I thought it was allright, nothign I'd pay to see again or get right when it comes out on DVD. In my opinion I htought Bill Cobbs did great.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I really want to see it: It looks great!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm probably going to see it Monday! \:D/
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Sarah wrote:I wanted to see this movie, but I got outvoted, so we went to see The Pursuit of Happyness instead. Hrmph.

I've heard from several people that the movie was/is hilarious. I'd really like to see it in IMAX if I can, because I've heard that's the way to go! Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing it in just a regular theater. I'm sure that either way, it'd be fun. :D

If I have to, I'll drag the rest of the family along! *cackle*

Sarah
I saw it in imax and it was really kool. \:D/ The sroy line was kinda lane but it was still HIGHlarious.
SEMI SPOILER
I loved the prt where owen wilson and the roman guy were letting the air out of the tire of the van and it seemed so catastrophic and then they showed the van itself and it was like a little tiny hole in the tire. and then the brokeback mountain joke (i cant quit you) ROFL!! Best prt EVA!
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got to see this movie today! \:D/ Yay! Lizzy and I wanted to go see a movie and we were trying to decide which one and she didn't really want to see this one, but after much indecision, she decided that it would be okay to see it, and we both loved it! \:D/ There were a lot of nice moments, and a lot of funny ones!

I found the tire scene funny too, though I didn't realize that there was a Brokeback Mountain joke in it. :anxious:
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Bringing this up so everyone can participate duly. -Sarai
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!