"Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith" Discussion

**SPOILERS**

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What did you think of Episode III?

5 Stars - The best Star Wars film!
15%
4 Stars - The Force was with this movie
58%
3 Stars - Decent but unsatisfying
23%
2 Stars - Twisted by mediocrity, this movie was
4%
1 Star - I hate George Lucas
No votes

Total votes: 26

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Simbelmyne34 wrote:nobody knows what race Yoda and Yaddle are........ :anxious:
My sister saw the StarWars databank page on Yaddle and noticed the "Unknown" race. Then she asked what race Yoda was.

We don't know. :shock:

Probably some kind of mutated frog, no doubt. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

We'll see what you look like in 9,000 years. :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:We'll see what you look like in 9,000 years. :noway:
I don't think that we'll want to, even if we could. ;)

Yoda could be distantly related to Miss Piggy - how's that for a SW plot twist? :shock: Frank Oz does both voices! ;)
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

Before I went to see "Revenge of the Sith", I expected it to be very tragic, have a bad ending, but be extremely well made. In a way, I was right, but it also proved my theory wrong. I thought that it was the best Star Wars movie ever made, but, as with any other film, had several flaws that caused minor defections in the movie.

"Revenge of the Sith" begins with a large space battle between Republic warships and the Seperatist's army, led by General Grevious. This was different than any other beginning to any Star Wars movie, but went well with the ending of "Attack of the Clones". It was a cool scene, and was a good way to begin the movie, with Dooku's death and Grevious escaping; it set up something for the movie to continue on.

Thoughout the movie, I noticed more humor than had been in the previous films. Fortunately, I'm one of those people who like humor. My personal favorite "funny part" was with R2-D2 setting two battle droids on fire with jets and oil :lol: . I sort of feel sorry for people who don't like that kind of thing.

I don't see many movies, so I don't know much about good acting, but from my experience, this one's acting wasn't bad. I didn't think it deserved any acadamy awards, but I didn't think it was bad.

I thought that the film's story line was also well done. After seeing "A New Hope" and "Attack of the Clones", it's pretty obvious what's going to happen. I, however, found myself almost begging the movie to make Skywalker change his mind. The way he went evil was a way I never expected. Suprising the audience was a great way to make the plot.

Overall, "Revenge of the Sith" was one of my favorite movies. It wasn't perfect, but who's ever heard of a perfect movie? I'm glad I invested my time to see it, and will certainly by buying it when it comes out. I will give it a four and a half out of five star rating. =D>
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Revenage of the Sith got the fastest movie ever to get to $300 million and is right now 13th overall in money grossed in the United States and Canada. So it might beet Iitanic but him it does't I want it to gross 459 million. Right behind Star Wars.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Sorry to bring up a old thread but I just saw it tonight and... "My little green friend...." Is the BEST QUOTE EVER! =D> :anxious:

I thought it was pretty good. Lacking Han Solo though... :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed, it would have been rather interesting seeing a ten-year-old Han Solo flying around the galaxy. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent, if you are mocking Han Solo, I will do everything in my power to get you removed from this board! :insane:

Captain Jack, when I read that you thought that ROTS was lacking Han Solo, I decided that you were my favourite member of all time! :inlove:

And, in case you were wondering, of course my opinions are not based on silly outward things like somebody's appearance! :anxious: That would be ridiculous! :- Nope, I'm not a sucker for a handsome face. O:)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:Trent, if you are mocking Han Solo, I will do everything in my power to get you removed from this board! :insane:
I'm not mocking him. :noway:

I just found the idea of a ten-year-old Han Solo in Episode III somewhat amusing. :lol:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Catspaw wrote:Captain Jack, when I read that you thought that ROTS was lacking Han Solo, I decided that you were my favourite member of all time! :inlove:
Wow! I'm flattered! :inlove: