Iron Man

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Iron Man

Post by The Top Crusader »

http://www.ironmanmovie.com/

Yay, another Marvel Comic movie! \:D/
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

That is such a multimedia intensive website. ;) Hehe, looks interesting! \:D/
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was afraid that the site would take a while to load after Trinarius's comment...I guess I should have paid more attention to the wink smiley there. ;)

So...do you know anything about what this movie is supposed to be about, Top? I didn't even know that it was a Marvel comic name. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, I know the basics of Iron Man, though I don't know exactly what they are going to do in the movie. :anxious:

Comic book wise he was some genious scientist dude who was captured by some Chinese terrorist group, and they were forcing him to build a super powerful weapon, but he said "LOL ok" and made THIS:

...instead, and... fought the bad guys.

Actually, back in the 60's he originally looked like:

But I am assuming they are going to go with a more updated look in the movie.

I'm not sure if he's the best choice for a stand-alone film because he usually is in a team of some kind or another. But I shall see it anyway! \:D/

Oh, and they cast Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man already... :-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That looks...interesting. :anxious: Possibly not my kind of movie, but we'll see! \:D/
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Robert Downey Jr. is so not a hero. :noway:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Awesome! Iron Man is one of my favorites and I've been waiting for them to make the movie =D> \:D/ .

I can't wait for this movie!!! \:D/ :D

--Please refrain from double posting... even when its something as important as Iron Man. ;) --Top

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I am still eagerly awaiting this film, as well as the new Incredible Hulk movie coming out later that summer...! \:D/
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:I am still eagerly awaiting this film, as well as the new Incredible Hulk movie coming out later that summer...! \:D/
A new Incredible Hulk movie?! Is Eric Bana still going to be The Hulk? Is there a preview online yet?

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

No I think they are ignoring the first movie, from what I heard last. Edward Norton is playing Banner and he's going to be portrayed as more of a hero than just a big monster dude. \:D/

The date has probably changed but at some point I heard it was being released June 27th, 2008 (my birthday! \:D/ ). No footage is out that I am aware of, though... which is odd because Iron Man is out only a month sooner and the trailer has been floating around for a while.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I saw this cartoon movie.It was okay.Not the best marvle movie Ive seen.Spiderman 3 comes out oct 31.cant wait to get it.Im sure there will be a box set of all the movies.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I WAS WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE BEFORE IT EVEN GOT A TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! Thanks for posting the site, I never would have seen the TRAILER and I would have had to watch it on imdb when it is almost out... but then it would be too late...

-Robo
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah it is shaping up to be pretty good... supposedly Nick Fury has a cameo too, so yay! \:D/

Although it is Ultimate Nick Fury instead of 616 Nick Fury, which might annoy some people, but I doubt many people here even know what I'm talking about... though that is pretty common regardless of the topic at hand. ;)
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah it is shaping up to be pretty good... supposedly Nick Fury has a cameo too, so yay! \:D/

Although it is Ultimate Nick Fury instead of 616 Nick Fury, which might annoy some people, but I doubt many people here even know what I'm talking about... though that is pretty common regardless of the topic at hand. ;)
Nick Fury... hmm :-k ... sounds like a wrestling name. Am I close?

Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

Im not sure if it was a movie but I saw a teen titan movie where they were in japan.If you like teen titens it was okay.I like batman beyond cartoon.to bad its not on anymore.I have some of the show on dvds.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

movieman85 wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah it is shaping up to be pretty good... supposedly Nick Fury has a cameo too, so yay! \:D/

Nick Fury... hmm :-k ... sounds like a wrestling name. Am I close?
Umm, not too close... he's been a Marvel comics mainstay since the 1960's, and even had a made-for-TV movie staring David Hasselhoff that we're all probably better off not thinking about. ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Nick Fury was the SHIELD guy right?

Anyway- Iron Man looks awesome, it'll be good as most of the marvel movies are. (/me is more looking forward to the new Batman movie.)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ooh, Iron Man looks awesome.

Nick Fury?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I'll probably see it on DVD, later, but I probably won't go to the theater to watch it.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

ek wrote:Iron Man looks awesome, it'll be good as most of the marvel movies are. (/me is more looking forward to the new Batman movie.)
I don't know what I think about Heath Ledger playing the Joker... Jack Nicholson was A LOT better probably.