Iron Man

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This was my first journey into the movies of the MCU. (I'm going to go through them in release order.)

I enjoyed it, though I would have liked a bit less origin story and a bit more actual Iron Man action. But I can't hold that as a negative against the movie, because it's supposed to be the origin story. This is establishing Tony Stark and Iron Man, not delving into his exploits yet. It's because I'm coming in so late that it seemed overdone. I hadn't seen the movie yet, but I knew about Iron Man. But if I had watched this when it came out, as the first introduction to assembling the Avengers, then it would have been perfect. It's just a different situation coming to it now.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, it's weird that there wasn't already an Iron Man thread. I blame The Top Crusader for this. :x

I really enjoy Iron Man, with a big chunk of that reason being what Aeva already said. I like superhero movies that I can watch as chick flicks, but with an above-average quantity of explosions. :inlove: This also explains why my brother enjoys them less than me. ;) I like the story, and I think that Robert Downey Jr. was a fantastic choice to play Tony Stark.
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

I like Iron man, but I hate the sexual aspects to the movie that I have to skip for the godlessness. :shame: It would be a lot better without those.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Oh, we definitely had one. ;) Humby's post would be right at home in that thread.

Top probably remembers it. Lena probably doesn't.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Way to go AE. :x

Merge this please, first mod that comes along.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Or not. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay for watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe! \:D/

You probably already know, but watch all through the credits because they all have post-credits stuff except The Incredible Hulk, and Captain America: The First Avenger just has an Avengers preview.
Jelly wrote: Top probably remembers it. Lena probably doesn't.

Too much drug use since then, tbh.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, I remember you saying that before, so I will be sure to do it. Thanks for the reminder though in case I hadn’t! :)