Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Anyone gonna see this? It looks amazing.
Last edited by xiao on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Probably not in the theatre, but I do want to see it. :-k

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

This is probably the most anticipated movie right now at the film school I'm attending. The visuals look awsome, but I probably won't go see it.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'll see it depending on sexual content. The battles and everything look amazing.
xiao

Post by xiao »

I have the graphic novel, my dad got it from work for free. I never really payed any attention to it and forgot I had it. Recently I've been interested in the movie and remembered that I had it, so I dug it up and read it, WOW. The movie is going to be great.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

No.

And here is why.

Judging from the look of the movie on the trailer, which I conceed is not a fair evaluation for any movie, I have a theory on how the movie will progress.

1. Sex.
2. Violence.
3. A speach.
4. Sex.
5. More violence.
6. The end.

I don't feel like watching that... at all.

(Why can't they take a great story and turn it into something admirable?)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
xiao

Post by xiao »

It's a direct translation of the graphic novel which contained no sex, but some nudity.

The movie will progress like this. (SPOILERS, highlight to read)

1. Marching
2. Camp fires, stories
3. Back at sparta, brief in-bed scene between king and queen, kicking dude down a well
4. Military tactics
5. Woah, crashing ships.
6. Make a wall!! Of BODIES!!
7. Combat
8. Combat
9. Combat
10. Combat
11. Combat
12. Brief character introduction
13. Wound healings and characters leaving
14. Combat
15. Combat
16. Combat
17. Combat
18. Wrap up the combat
19. Camp fire stories telling of the combat that happened in more then half of the movie

oh and of course during some of this combat there is a subplot of a hunchback attempting to kill himself and then joining the evil Persians, being per swayed by fine women and shiny golden sparkling tassels.

sounds like a recipe for success!!

Oh and of course, for you "oh noez the deval will taek my sole if i wathc this mofie" people, here's what to expect content wise (don't take my word for this though)

Violence. Holy poop, violence. Heads flying, limbs flying, spears impaling, guys falling off of cliffs, much of this is slow-motion and it takes up about half the movie. But it's REALLY REALLY COOL VIOLENCE. \:D/

And nudity. There will be plenty of dudes giving the screen a butt picnic. As well as some naked women as well (or at least women wearing transparent clothing.... this is sparta after all) And, a brief (married) post-sex scene that probably contains no nudity.
Last edited by xiao on Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

If the sex is easily avoidable and short (like just turn away/close your eyes for a few seconds) I'll go see it.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Read my edit, I typed more about the sex stuff. And I doubt that you're going to need to close your eyes when there's a naked chick, as opposed to seeing someone's head sliced off in slow motion, complete with realistic bloody results flying all over the place.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It to me looks overly stylized, like Sin City or something. But any movie with naked guys killing each other has to be great!!! \:D/

But seriously, I haven't looked into this but I know V for Vendetta (by the same author as 300) was HORRIBLY chopped up and changed when it was made into a movie... so much so that he didn't allow his name attached to the film. Hopefully 300 will be closer to the original story...

Though for anyone who cares, the graphic novel is based on a TRUE historical event! \:D/

But yeah I may rent this or see it at the dollar theater... I honestly am just not that excited about it for some reason and have other movies I'd rather spend money on seeing in theaters... :boohoo:
xiao

Post by xiao »

At wikipedia it says "It is a direct, frame-for-frame conversion from the graphic novel."

I have the graphic novel, and from what I've seen in the trailers, every single shot is a DIRECT shot straight from the graphic novel.

Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

xiao wrote:I doubt that you're going to need to close your eyes when there's a naked chick, as opposed to seeing someone's head sliced off in slow motion, complete with realistic bloody results flying all over the place.
That all depends on what's causing you to sin. I don't mean to get off topic, just had to reply.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I liked Kingdom Of Heaven so 300 should be cool.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

I thought it looked REALLY good
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
xiao

Post by xiao »

IGN reviewed it. Gave it a perfect 5/5!!

“Combining old-school mythmaking with ultramodern technique, Snyder has crafted a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that is unlike any movie audiences have seen, and in so doing he may have sealed his own fate as a possible redeemer of modern moviemaking.”

http://movies.ign.com/articles/763/763580p1.html
xiao

Post by xiao »

Holy carp, this movie is awesome.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

I probably won't see it... Maybe on DVD where you can fast forward a few scenes.. But then that might kill the plot, so I probably won't see it. :p
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

It does contain nudity, so if you're like me and don't want to see it I can say it is easily avoidable. There are three parts and all of them are pretty mucha give away when it's about to happen. The benefit of the rest of the movie without that stuff is absolutely amazing, very stylized and well done.
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I will never see it and that is a promise! Forever!
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

StupendousMan wrote:It does contain nudity, so if you're like me and don't want to see it I can say it is easily avoidable. There are three parts and all of them are pretty mucha give away when it's about to happen. The benefit of the rest of the movie without that stuff is absolutely amazing, very stylized and well done.
Yeah.. I'll probably get it on DVD...