Children of Men

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Children of Men

Post by xiao »

Anyone seen Children of Men? I've seen a good amount of it, about to see the whole thing. It looks INCREDIBLE, a masterpiece of modern movie making, easily. There are so many long-shots that are mind-blowingly complex and completely uninterrupted. Just incredible. This movie is amazing.

I highly suggest it.

Content: Tons of war violence, lots of swearing, sex talk (no sex scenes), brief, non-sexual nudity of a pregnant woman
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Seen it. Definitely one of the best of the year. Both on a technical level, and for the story.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't think talking about children is proper on a Christian board because of the method in which children are produced. :shame:
Archer No Man
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Archer No Man »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think talking about children is proper on a Christian board because of the method in which children are produced. :shame:
agreed
if you came all the way to my sig to get the money I said I would give you a week ago.........YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT *runs away*

Yes I know that with the new name you must not know who I am now but yes I am No Man *crowd gasps* LEADER OF THE BAND OF SCARY ARCHERS *crowd gasps* know you must all exile me and my band of scary archers and send the army after me and make it into a R rated movie
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

FYI, No Man... Top was being sarcastic. ;)

I just saw a trailer for it... looks really great!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
xiao

Post by xiao »

No Man wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think talking about children is proper on a Christian board because of the method in which children are produced. :shame:
agreed
I can only hope you were playing along with top's joke
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I've been waiting to see that and I can't wait. I know it's already out, but I'm so stinkin' busy :boohoo: .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
xiao

Post by xiao »

I just saw it. Oh my gosh, it was one of the best movies I have ever seen, ever. It was just indescribable, the Jesus allegory was amazing too, with the no place to stay and the barn and everything. Oh man. This movie is just amazing. Wow. I'm stunned.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I just watched it tonight, too. I liked it a lot, but the ending bothered me.

Sarah
Me
An original

Post by Me »

IMO, without the film ending the way it did, it would have been much less powerful.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Me wrote:IMO, without the film ending the way it did, it would have been much less powerful.
agreed, the ending was perfect.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Me wrote:IMO, without the film ending the way it did, it would have been much less powerful.
Oh, I agree, it wouldn't have been the same without that ending, but I'm the kind of person who hates endings like that for one reason or another. But, that's just me.

I could go into a little bit more detail, but I don't want to post any spoilers.

Sarah
xiao

Post by xiao »

Sarah wrote:
Oh, I agree, it wouldn't have been the same without that ending, but I'm the kind of person who hates endings like that for one reason or another. But, that's just me.

I could go into a little bit more detail, but I don't want to post any spoilers.

Sarah
Well... actually you don't really know what happened, it cut off before anything was 100% confirmed.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

*would like to see it immensely*

probably will now that it's on dvd
xiao

Post by xiao »

It really was just breathtaking. Very, very dark as well
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

I really want to see it. But I have to wait for it to come out on DVD. :P
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It is out on DVD...
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

xiao wrote:
Sarah wrote:

Sarah
Well... actually you don't really know what happened, it cut off before anything was 100% confirmed.
I'm not quite sure what you're replying to here, but that's part of what I was referring to when I said the ending bothered me. Call me unimaginative/uncreative, but I like for everything to be wrapped up by the end of the movie... In most cases, at least. I'm pretty sure that I'm the kind of viewer that movie makers dread. :p

Anyway, it didn't really affect the rest of the movie for me, as I still think it was very good.

Sarah
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I've never seen it. I never heard of it (I might of, but it must have slipped). But from what people have been sayin', it sounds pretty cool! \:D/

-Robo
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I'm gonna pick it up here soon and check it out, everyone whos seen it seems to like it.
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.