The Queen

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

The Queen

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Has anybody seen it yet? And if so, what were your thoughts on it? I've seen the trailer and it looks gorgeous. I've heard that Helen Mirren was absolutely fantastic as the queen. I'm planning to rent it as soon as it comes out on dvd.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Haven't seen it yet, but it is definately on my 'going to rent' list.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I also want to see it sometime! I saw a short clip and it looked really good. \:D/ It's not one of those "I have to see it today before I hear lots of spoilers" kind of movies ;) so I might wait a while to rent it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I haven't seen it. My brother pointed it out to me one day. From the clips I saw on T.V. when it was released in the theaters it looks really good. I'm hoping to buy it on DVD when it comes out.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Not yet, but possibly.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
AbbyGB123
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AbbyGB123 »

I want to see it. :stooges: i like history movies :flower:
Abigail Grace Brooker
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I really want to see it someday. It sounds good.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I thought this topic was going to be all about me. :noway:

I haven't heard about this, is there an official site?
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Haha Queen P. :lol: Here's the apple trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/thequeen/

The only reason why it got a PG-13 rating was for some strong language. Other than that, it's a very clean movie, from what I've heard.

Haystack

P.S The Queen comes out in two days!

Sorry to double post, but I'm watching it now. Oh my word, I love this movie and I've only been watching it for 20 minutes. There are some very funny lines in it too. But man, when it comes to family tragedy, the directors got it right.

Haystack

Edit - double post removed - Catspaw
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

It's on our Netflix queue, so we're going to watch it sometime in the future. \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yay for an American saying "queue" \:D/

I'd love to see this. From the previews I've seen, Helen Mirren's performance was spot-on. And, even to me as an American, the family dynamic of the British royalty is quite interesting.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I saw it. Very well made film. Enjoyed it:)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I saw it in theaters a while back, and I liked it. It was very interesting to see things from the perspective of the royal family, and of course the acting was great.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I watched The Queen this past weekend and I don't think that it was as good as the trailer made it out to be. It was all right but the story just seemed a little too long for me. I couldn't really follow it on a day by day basis. I would recommend it if you want a good movie to watch. I am very particular about what kind of movies I watch and this one is definitely not one you should be embarassed to watch with your parents or even senior citizens.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Hah, Craig Ferguson's always making fun of this movie.