Tap

Have you ever watched Tap? Do you like it?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Tap

Post by AIOfan11 »

Have any of you ever watched Tap? Did you like it? I am currently taking Tap. It is so much fun. We just had our Recital this weekend. Our theme was the Roaring 20's. Our costumes matched our moves and theme so well. We did the Charleston step.

What are your thoughs about Tap? Have you ever wanted to take Tap? Do you take Tap?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I take nyquil!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I take nyquil!
Huh?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I like it. I also take it. Currently in 3A, the "low-advanced" level at the school in town, from 1B (the "high-beginner" level). That makes three years in all, as I skipped 2B ("high-intermediate" level) We have a pretty... um... interesting costume this year, and are dancing to a Twelve Girls' Band song. :D
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I guess this is different, but I like the Riverdance style...
I like very rhthmic and pounding...that jazz stuff doesn't seem to fit to the music and it makes it unenjoyable for me.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

LovedbyGod wrote:I guess this is different, but I like the Riverdance style...
Oh, I used to love Riverdance when it was a big craze...along with the Macarana. (Need to go find an emoticon doing the macarana...does anyone know of one?) We watched that recording over and over...and whenever I saw that short guy with the poofy shirt and black pants, it took my breath away. *sigh* :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Well, I've only seen in it movies like Singing on the Rain and different Shirley Temple ones. Apparently if you're a tap star and do a movie, is essential that you have long tap-dancing scenes! :noway:

But really, it's okay and can be sorta interesting.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I think it is very enjoyable to watch.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Well, I've only seen in it movies like Singing on the Rain and different Shirley Temple ones. Apparently if you're a tap star and do a movie, is essential that you have long tap-dancing scenes! :noway:

But really, it's okay and can be sorta interesting.
Haha! I'm with you. I always thought it would be fun to learn, but I never had the money to take lessons,and the costumes would most likely be something I wouldn't care to wear. And on top of that, the time when I was really interested in it I had a really bad ankle problem, I limped everywhere, it took a couple of years before it stopped.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

Eugene Kendall wrote:I take nyquil!
Nick wrote:I take nyquil!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i take Tap, and ballett and jazz. this is actaully my tenth year taking tap...and my last. I CAN"T WAIT TO BE DONE WITH DANCE!!! \:D/ (yeah, i know what my "name" is)
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

dancer02248 wrote:i take Tap, and ballett and jazz. this is actaully my tenth year taking tap...and my last. I CAN"T WAIT TO BE DONE WITH DANCE!!! \:D/ (yeah, i know what my "name" is)
We have alot in common (besides that I don't want to ever be done with dance!). I take Ballet, and Tap. I take from a Christian dance school. It is a overbounding supply of fun!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

speaking of tap, it's national day of tap today

TAP AROUND YOUR HOUSE EVERYONE!!!
*needs a tap dancing smiley* \:D/ oh well, that'll have to do!!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

So on National Tap Day you Tap your Foot on something???
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm unfamiliar with the day, but I would guess that it's supposed to promote and celebrate tap dancing, not just random "tapping" that you would do with no training.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

ehhh well....yeah, i think it's just to clebrate tap dancing :-k i don't know...if you don't know how to tap dance you could tap your foot on something i suppose......