Bill Myers

AIO Writer, and McGee & Me Creator

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Bill Myers

Post by OdysseyFan »

Any of y'all read Bill Myers Books? I've read almost all of his books, and I've been sending him my review of each since "Blood of Heaven" was released
I just had the chance to read "The Wager" as I am studying in Matthew, it's real-life interpretations of the Sermon on the mount are intriguing.

I'm really looking forward to his continuation of the "Soul Tracker" series with his upcoming book "The Presence"

Please Post Your Thoughts.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

When I was younger I read, ''My life as ----- with Walley McDoogle''. They were alright. I only collected about 10 of them, so I suppose I somewhat enjoyed them.

What genre of books does he write in the adult section? Are they mysteries, suspenses and stuff? Or they more guidlines to faith type of stuff?

BC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Wally McDoogle books were fun! I read some of those, and they were hilarious, though they were definitely geared towards a young audience. I haven't read any of his adult stuff. A long time ago I read a series of his for young adults that was about the occult. I think it was called the Forbidden Doors series, or something like that. I rememebr finding them interesting, but I can't rememebr much more than that.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Isn't Bill Myers the one who wrote the Mulligan family shows and the one who voiced Mike? :-k
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Chandler wrote:Isn't Bill Myers the one who wrote the Mulligan family shows and the one who voiced Mike? :-k
Indeed.

:anxious:

Actually, to be honest, I think his voice for the Mike Mulligan has a really cool fatherly sound to it. Probably one the best on the show...
And though no one enjoyed the Mulligans; if you think about it, the storylines, themes and lessons learned from them were good...coming directly from the writer (Bill Myers). Bascically people just hated the animals...and Lisa. (though, I don't mean to change the subject.)

I wonder if he'll write another episode...which isn't the Mulligans. (He probably got so offended by the bad mail :()
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've read his Wally McDoogle books and the Bloodhounds, Inc. series. I found them to be silly, but funny! :D

I've seen his young adult series at the library, but I've never gotten them. They seemed a little too spooky.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-BC wrote:Actually, to be honest, I think his voice for the Mike Mulligan has a really cool fatherly sound to it. Probably one the best on the show...
I agree. He had one of the best fatherly voices. :yes:

My brother has read virtually all of Myers' Wally McDoogle books. He owns a dozen of them and borrowed the rest from the library. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I actually met Bill Myers in person and talked to him for a while when he came to a Christian international school nearby. I got his autograph on my McDoogle series. He did a workshop for middle/highschoolers about writing. That was cool.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That is cool, Ray! Did he sound just like Mike Mulligan, or did he sound a bit different? :-k
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

yeah i met bill myers to and he was really cool. really funny. i enjoyed him alot and i love his books.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

i have read a fair amount of his Wally McDoogle books but not for a long time. They were a good fun read.
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

All right, let me just let everyone know I LIKED THE MULLIGAN EPISODES!! Okay.

I've read McGee and Me, which were okay, but I liked Wally Mcdoogle a bunch more. The only thing was that they were very repetitive... but at least he was consistent about it. They almost make it into my favorites, just very slightly off the list.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Catspaw wrote:That is cool, Ray! Did he sound just like Mike Mulligan, or did he sound a bit different? :-k
Yeah he did but more deep. More not through the radio voice. But he sounded a lot like Mike Mulligan!