Repeat viewings

How many times is too many?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Do you usually re-watch movies?

Tons!
40%
Sometimes
48%
Not very often - once is enough!
12%

Total votes: 25

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Repeat viewings

Post by Catspaw »

I love re-watching movies! If I like a movie, I'll want to watch it over and over again. There are always things that you miss the first time, and even the second time it's easy to miss a few things. That's part of the reason why it can be hard to see a movie in the theatre for me - I leave wanting to watch it again! Even sappy movies with predictable plotlines are fair game to re-watch for me. :anxious:

Is this abnormal, or somewhat common among the good citizens of the ToO? (Perhaps I chose a poor basis for "normal"). ;)

I watched The Muppets Take Manhattan for the first time today - I bought it because it was $4.88 or something like that at Wal-Mart, and EB always talks about the Muppets! ;) I got to hear the cook that he talks about sometimes. It was fun, and of course I want to see it again now! :D I like to memorize songs so I can sing along!
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

if i really like the movie..i love to rewatch them. but i normally wait at least a week so i dont get bored of it. usually works for me.. :D ..but i am quite bored of many movies because i watched them over and over and over again and it becomes too predictable..
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Not so much anymore since I don't watch movies as much as I used to, but when I was younger, I would rewatch a movie I liked over and over and over and over and over...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

When I was a child I thought as a child, acted as a child, and redid, rewatched, reread, and relistened to things a million times over again. Now that I'm a woman I do that far less often. :noway:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

jessicado wrote:Not so much anymore since I don't watch movies as much as I used to, but when I was younger, I would rewatch a movie I liked over and over and over and over and over...
Ditto. :noway:

I was going to quote Chandler, as well, but the woman part kinda deterred me.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I re-watch movies many times. As one going in to the film industry, I spend the first few viewings just enjoying the movie, and then delve into the technical processes, framing, lighting, edits, frame rates, etc. LOTR is perfect for me because of all the extra features and commentaries.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:
jessicado wrote:Not so much anymore since I don't watch movies as much as I used to, but when I was younger, I would rewatch a movie I liked over and over and over and over and over...
Ditto. :noway:

I was going to quote Chandler, as well, but the woman part kinda deterred me.
:shame: I'm not going to call myself a man. :noway:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I've seen POTC like 15 times, LOTR 17 times each probably by now...You get the idea :wink:
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

What is POTC?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oh, I defenitely watch movies over and over again!! :D I love to see it even when I know what is going to happen. Same with reading books.

The rest of my family (except maybe Watson) doesn't understand how I can do that. They think I'm crazy.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Nick wrote:What is POTC?
Pirates of the Caribbean. :pirate:

I only watch movies a second time if it was really good...like National Treasure or the Incredibles. :yum:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

If i haven't watched a movie for a long time, I'll watch it all the way through. But for movies I know really well, like Spiderman 1 & 2 I just go to the scenes I like the best.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Oh, I defenitely watch movies over and over again!! :D I love to see it even when I know what is going to happen. Same with reading books.

The rest of my family (except maybe Watson) doesn't understand how I can do that. They think I'm crazy.
Well, I understand, Laura! I re-read books too. There are some books that I start reading in the evening, and then stay up too late so I can finish them, and it will be something that I've read five times before, and I know exactly what will happen, but I still have a hard time putting it down! :anxious:

I have a theory as to why I do this - I want to warm, fuzzy feelings that I think that the end of the book will bring me, or whatever emotion I associate with the book. I want to go through a book or movie again because I think that it will make me feel better, or that I'll get to re-live the feeling of satisfaction of solving the mystery or seeing the happy, sappy ending. And it must work, because I keep re-watching stuff! O:)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Like Chandler, I would watch movies again and again as a youngling. I've probably seen the original Winnie the Pooh videos six or seven dozen times. :- Nowadays, I don't watch movies nearly as often. Watching a movie twice is a stretch for me. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

if it's a really good movie i'll watch it lots. if i rent it i usually watch it once, if i buy it, i'll watch it more than once.

some moivies i can't watch more than once, or they're stupid and boring
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I watch movies like 5 times in a day. It so sad. Then I dont watch it for like 3 months!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I watch movies in the theatre, than when my parents rent them I watch them again, and then (or maybe before) I buy it, and when a friend or cousin comes, I watch it again with them. But there's so many movies I want to watch, I don't usually watch them more than twice.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Oh, I defenitely watch movies over and over again!! :D I love to see it even when I know what is going to happen. Same with reading books.

Same thing here. This is how it works at my house.
step 1: I watch the movie
step 2: I watch the movie again with whoever I think will like the movie
step 3: I watch the movie again alone
step 4: I watch the movie with anyone who hasnt seen it yet and wants to before we return it
step 5: watch the movie lastly with my mom, so that I can describe what it happening to her...seeing as how I have now seen the movie 4 times and I know what is happening. And I can point out the important parts to her.
Step 6: Watch it one last time alone...this step is optional

Everyone thinks Im crazy, but I can watch the same movie 6 times in one weekend.
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." Matthew 5:29
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, actually I do like to watch movies again if its with a friend who I think would really like it and hasn't seen it yet... it's fun seeing their reaction or whatever. Of course, to an extent... I wouldn't want to watch the same thing twice in one day or something.

I saw Spider-man 2 four times in theaters, with different people each time... :anxious:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

frogalwyz wrote:Same thing here. This is how it works at my house.
step 1: I watch the movie
step 2: I watch the movie again with whoever I think will like the movie
step 3: I watch the movie again alone
step 4: I watch the movie with anyone who hasnt seen it yet and wants to before we return it
step 5: watch the movie lastly with my mom, so that I can describe what it happening to her...seeing as how I have now seen the movie 4 times and I know what is happening. And I can point out the important parts to her.
Step 6: Watch it one last time alone...this step is optional

Everyone thinks Im crazy, but I can watch the same movie 6 times in one weekend.
That's the same with me!