Madagascar

I like to move it, move it!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Your opinion on the movie

I love dancing lemurs!
71%
I like zoos!
14%
The wild is dumb
14%

Total votes: 7

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Madagascar

Post by Catspaw »

Yesterday I went to see Madagascar with my best friend - it was fun! It wasn't fabulous, but it was really funny at times, and it was cleaner than some "kids" movies, though it still could have used some more editing. The penguins were hilarious! All the characters were likeable, there was a fun storyline, and I've never had the opportunity to see a hypochondriac giraffe before! And they mention Canada! (For cheap meds, but still, it counts as a reference!) \:D/

Has anybody else seen it yet?

(And in case you're wondering, the line in the description box thing is from a scene with lots of dancing lemurs - very amusing!)
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I just watched it tonight. Very much a kids movie, but still a really nice, breezy, fun, and comical trip to the cinema.
Worth a look.
(BTW, I like to move it, move it \:D/ that character was one of the funniest, for sure)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I have yet to see the film... probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD. :-k Unless it's what I call a 'major' movie, such as LOTR, Star Wars, Spiderman, etc., I probably won't get to see it in theatres. :mecry:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I have yet to see the film... probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD. :-k Unless it's what I call a 'major' movie, such as LOTR, Star Wars, Spiderman, etc., I probably won't get to see it in theatres. :mecry:
This is the kind of movie that I would usually rent, instead of seeing it in theatres, but my best friend was in a movie-going mood and wanted to go, and it sounded like fun, so I went. It sounds like I'll be going to the theatre more often than usual this summer, since there are a few movies that my best friend and I both want to see!

One thing that I didn't really like was the large number of 4-year-olds in the theatre. The movie was definitely clean enough for the standards of my 19-year-old self, but I'm not sure if I would bring such a young child to see it. :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I have yet to see the film... probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD. :-k Unless it's what I call a 'major' movie, such as LOTR, Star Wars, Spiderman, etc., I probably won't get to see it in theatres. :mecry:
One thing that I didn't really like was the large number of 4-year-olds in the theatre. The movie was definitely clean enough for the standards of my 19-year-old self, but I'm not sure if I would bring such a young child to see it. :-k
From the looks of it, it appears to be a Shrek-ish type movie with regards to age target. Didn't they advertise it as... "from the creators of Shrek"? :-k Enjoyable for kids, but with enough humor for the young adults.

As mentioned by PluggedIn:

How family friendly is Madagascar? Older kids and adults should not be tripped up by its thematic elements, but some (very) mild language, bathroom humor and sequences of nature in the raw might be too intense for younger kids.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I think I will watch it. Sounds good.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
From the looks of it, it appears to be a Shrek-ish type movie with regards to age target. Didn't they advertise it as... "from the creators of Shrek"? :-k Enjoyable for kids, but with enough humor for the young adults.

As mentioned by PluggedIn:

How family friendly is Madagascar? Older kids and adults should not be tripped up by its thematic elements, but some (very) mild language, bathroom humor and sequences of nature in the raw might be too intense for younger kids.
oh come on! kids are used to that they here and see alot worse then that. BTW I dont even know what you guys are talking about cause I cant remmber ANY "bad" stuff. its a kids movie with jokes for kids and jokes for adults.
Image [img]
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Mellow wrote:oh come on! kids are used to that they here and see alot worse then that. BTW I dont even know what you guys are talking about cause I cant remmber ANY "bad" stuff. its a kids movie with jokes for kids and jokes for adults.
Hey, I'm just saying what PluggedIn wrote. Don't shoot the messenger. :boohoo:

Just because kids may be used to inappropriate behavior and/or language doesn't make it any better for them to see it again. :noway: Not to say this movie should be avoided by all kids under the age of twelve. But I must admit that society as a whole has become somewhat desensitized to the level of inappropriateness that goes on today. :|

:offtopic:

Whoops. My bad.

:anxious:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ive seen the dennys commercial does that count?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:Ive seen the dennys commercial does that count?
As immoral multimedia? Absolutely! :protest:
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I haven't seen it, and I probably won't see it considering that I have only been to the movie theater 3 times (I might have forgotten some of them too!). We don't go to see that many movies. Is this a movie that should be on my list to see (not that I actually have a list!)?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

AIOfan11 wrote: Is this a movie that should be on my list to see (not that I actually have a list!)?
It isn't so wonderful that you should rush out to go see it. In a couple years, if you think of it, you might be interested in renting it. It is fun, but it certainly isn't the cinematic event of the century! ;)
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

i what too see the movie it
looks funny :jest:

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I want to see it but I don't think I will intil it comes out of DVD.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

was the movie funny

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I'm waiting till it comes out. My sister saw it when we (besides her) went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. She said there were alot of movie references or spoofs or something. I love those types of movies. Shrek 2 was one of those. I can't wait to see it.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marvin11 wrote:was the movie funny
I thought that it was quite funny! There were some jokes that only older people would get, not the target audience of kids, to keep the parents involved. Overall, it was funny, but not totally hilarious. \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Catspaw wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote: Is this a movie that should be on my list to see (not that I actually have a list!)?
It isn't so wonderful that you should rush out to go see it. In a couple years, if you think of it, you might be interested in renting it. It is fun, but it certainly isn't the cinematic event of the century! ;)
Okay....most likely I will never see it...but...it is good to know!