Brio Girls books

New ones coming!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Brio Girls books

Post by Catspaw »

I have all ten of the books that are curently out, and in my June mag, it said that the two new ones are out! My dad will be thrilled to hear that he has another wonderful opportunity to support FOTF! ;) I'm a little older than their target audience, but I still like them. The characters are intereting, even if I don't totally relate to all of them.

I really didn't like Hannah at first, but the more I learned about her, the easier she was to like. She didn't seem so annoying after a while! ;)

The series has several different writers, but the books still all conenct together. The writers are Lissa Halls Johnson, Kathy Wierenga, Jane Vogel, and Jeanette Hanscome.

And there's even an AIO connection! (Well, kind of...) Kathy Wierenga is also an AIO writer. She wrote books 2 (Double Exposure) and 9 (Croutons for Breakfast). She also wrote one of the new books, number 11 (When Stars Fall) as Kathy Wierenga Buchanan.

In one of her books (I can't remember which one) there's a reference to bungee-jumping off Victoria Falls, which I love, because Mitch mentiones the same thing on an episode - I think it was It's All About Me. I love stuff like that! It isn't an actual connection, but it was the same phrase, so I like to think of it as a connection! ;)

Any other readers out there?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've read bits and pieces here and there. I don't like Hannah either... she's one big stereotype and I don't like how they dealt with it. :anxious: