Bob Smiley

So funny!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Bob Smiley

Post by Catspaw »

I love it when Bob Smiley has articles in Brio and Beyond! He's really funny! He also writes a series for Clubhouse that's funny - Stupendous Boy, or something like that. (I can't remember right now). He's wacky and funny, and always enjoyable! \:D/

He has some articles that you can read on his website if you want to check them out!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Clubhouse article is called "Average Boy."

I dunno... I don't care for it that much. He has his funny moments but other times I feel like bashing my head against the wall. ](*,) The one during Easter was especially mean. :anxious:

Much better are the Cafeteria Lady columns! :D
"Green is not a good color for gravy." :rofl2:
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Bob Smiley is great, but I fancy Brad Stine a bit more. Not only is he a comedian, but he's intelligent and understands the issues, and he really brings the gospel into his shows with conviction and without shame.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I actually got to meet Bob Smiley at Spirit West Coast last year, he's really "weird" as a person...he was wearing a black shirt that said "I Eat Chalk" on the front...eh. Really cool guy, his show was awesome. His voice sounds like he's permanently on helium...which is wierd too. And we told him that we liked his Average Boy articles from Clubhouse magazine...which made him happy and then he hugged us. (That was unexpected...:shock:)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Cool! \:D/ That would be kind of weird to be hugged by some guy that you don't even know...I'm glad that I wasn't there! ;)
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

he's so funny, i look forward to his articles in Brio.

Edit: i visited the link that was posted, and i must say he's not at all like i pictured him to be.
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I like Bob Smiley articles in Brio as well. The Cafeteria Lady is good, but I don't like her recent ones about cafeteria food across U.S. as much as her regular articles.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Anne wrote:I like Bob Smiley articles in Brio as well. The Cafeteria Lady is good, but I don't like her recent ones about cafeteria food across U.S. as much as her regular articles.
me either. it seems her articles have been lacking in their usual funnyness lately?! :-s
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love Bob Smiley!