The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

It looks really good to me. Anyone else interested?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I don't want to watch any movie where there are women in their underwear. Viewed in a sexual way or not, there's certain boundries we must draw for ourselves. :noway:
That's why we have "boy's lockerroom" and "girl's lockerroom" at school. ;)

It'd be wrong to see it in real life, why should we lower our standards because it is a movie, no?
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Catspaw wrote:I've never seen the movie for Grapes of Wrath, but the book is far from clean! That's why I didn't like reading it for an English class, and don't ever plan on reading it again! I actually celebrated each time another one of the characters bit the dust.
Me too. I couldn't stand that book. So foul. Don't remember much about the movie, although I have seen it.

Wow, that was OT. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I don't want to watch any movie where there are women in their underwear. Viewed in a sexual way or not, there's certain boundries we must draw for ourselves. :noway:
That's why we have "boy's lockerroom" and "girl's lockerroom" at school. ;)

It'd be wrong to see it in real life, why should we lower our standards because it is a movie, no?
I agree that standards shouldn't be lowered in movies as opposed to real life. In this case, I am in the girls locker room, being a female, so it doesn't bother me as much. ;)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Catspaw wrote: and two adults are said to be living together, :
My parents live together... :-s

PS: However, for a movie where marriage is valued, I'd recommend: Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I haven't seen it, yet, though. :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Bennett Charles wrote:
Catspaw wrote: and two adults are said to be living together, :
My parents live together... :-s

PS: However, for a movie where marriage is valued, I'd recommend: Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I haven't seen it, yet, though. :-k
:hilarious:

I saw the trailer. How horrible. :thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Was it THAT bad? :wink:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It was pretty bad.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I was supposed to go see it this afternoon with friends.

Religiously iffy.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Bennett Charles wrote:I was supposed to go see it this afternoon with friends.

Religiously iffy.
Morally iffy, indeed. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Which movie are we talking about now? :-s My guess is Mr. and Mrs. Smith, not the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I saw the trailer for the former, and it did appear rather iffy, and seemed to have a lot more content issues than the movie that this topic is actually about.

(Hint, Hint). ;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Ohh...I just talked to a friend who saw the Traveling Pants movie the other day. She said that it was a really good movie. Very good. Well, considering that this friend also saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith...I'm not so sure. Well...I guess we can all just not see the movie. Then we don't have to worry about whether or not the movie is religeously iffy.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Or we could just read the plugged in review, and remember that they are generally a little bit more conservative than most of us.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

*mellow does not like pluggedin* any movie or music CD that has the slightest bad thing they say its not worth you getting it and its full of bad stuff.
Image [img]
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yeah, I know. I always try to keep that in mind when I go there. Half the time they don't even review stuff that they should. Sometimes I go there when I'm bored just to see the outrageous stuff they write about things.
Last edited by Me on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

HEY! I love PluggedinOnline.com. It's a great review service. Honestly, once they break down bad stuff in a movie, I don't even want to see it, they don't have to tell me "It's not worth your time." But hey, I'll make another post for pluggedinonline...this is about PANTS!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

LovedbyGod wrote:...this is about PANTS!
...that would be 'Travelling Pants'...
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

it still looks dumb

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

We could all just watch "The Muppet Christmas Carol!" \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

LovedbyGod wrote:HEY! I love PluggedinOnline.com. It's a great review service. Honestly, once they break down bad stuff in a movie, I don't even want to see it, they don't have to tell me "It's not worth your time." But hey, I'll make another post for pluggedinonline...this is about PANTS!
it allways sounds worse in writing.
Image [img]
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

After reading the review for Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, I thought that the movie would be a bit worse than it was, so I have to somewhat agree with mellow about Plugged In.

However, I still see it as a valuable resource - it points out many flaws in movies and can help people, especially parents, keep their kids safe from some of the bad stuff out there. It's like all resources - only heloful to a certain point. Therefore, there's no need to elevate it to an extreme point, but there's also no need to bash something that many people find helpful.

And, no, back to your regularly scheduled program, the travelling pants! ;)